Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home!

2 posters

Go down

Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home! Empty Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home!

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi, y'all!

Let me just put it out here - another thing that has always troubled me about this great world is a lack of mundane places to go. For example, we see tons of commoners walking around, but hardly ever have a chance to see in their homes, unless they're part of a quest.

Would there be a way to build a generic interior base tileset and have it randomly populated with five/six items and sometimes an NPC? So that any house you broke into accessed the same area, but it looked different each time ...

Does this make sense? I will expand upon it once I have slept a few ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home! Empty Re: Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home!

Post by RustyDios Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:31 am

It makes sense, and for a lot of homes (at least in the 'old' vale, and I think Macedone) you can pick the lock on many mundane doors and find a 'generic' house beyound, with possibly an NPC, and a chest of drawers/desk with 1-5gp... .. I know this from when Jay was a little young adventurer and he stopped randomily to try to break into houses and get into the shade... after a little while it became possible to do (I think The Amethyst Dragon caught the idea and made it happen.. !!) ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Ok, so welcome to my ... wait, I don't have a home! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down