Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging)

3 posters

Go down

Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging) Empty Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging)

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Iron Golem from the shifter class and the iron golem from the shapechange spell are two different instances... could the shapechange use the same merging (shapechange golem doesn't merge anything).

Semiclass: Werewolf.... Could this polymorph get item merging, or at the very least the standard armor/helm/shield merging? This semiclass could really use that bit of a boost Smile

Drow shape from polymorph/shapechange spells.... the weapon properties aren't merging onto the venmonblade as they do for shifters. Could the weapon get the property merges?
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging) Empty Re: Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging)

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:34 pm

And, another suggestion for the werewolf semiclass... could the werewolf shape not override with it's own constitution score? Very likely a werewolf will have decent to high con for the power points as a warhulk would likely have more strength for power points... seems a bit odd that using the form would reduce overall con :-/ That'd be like warhulk giving you an AB boost but lowering your base strength for the duration.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging) Empty Re: Additional Polymorphing Suggestions(Item Merging)

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm

I'll look at the item merging...that's actually handled in the scripts themselves, and the werewolf semi-class hasn't been rescripted.

As far as not overriding ability scores, it can't be done. When you polymorph, it actually sets your physical ability scores to that of the new form (Str, Dex, and Con)...you're changing your body completely, rather just augmenting the physical form you have naturally.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm

The ability values of the form can be set with with polymorph.2da (set number, or blank to allow form to use the polymorpher's own base stat).

The polymorph 2da can also set what items merge without needing to go through scripting (at least as far as the three main categories... weapon, armor (helm sheild, armor), and items (belt, rings, amulet, cloak and boots)
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh.... not sure if this is in or not... my shifter is ascended so his flight feat works anyway, but... Air elementals... I think they should be able to fly as well if they don't already :-D
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:The ability values of the form can be set with with polymorph.2da (set number, or blank to allow form to use the polymorpher's own base stat).
Ah, I see. *The Amethyst Dragon looks in polymorph.2da again...* Interesting. I'll have to think about that for werewolves (for Constitution).

MannyJabrielle wrote:The polymorph 2da can also set what items merge without needing to go through scripting (at least as far as the three main categories... weapon, armor (helm sheild, armor), and items (belt, rings, amulet, cloak and boots)
Item merging is actually handled by the polymorph/shapechange/wildshape scripts. I've added it for the polymorph self and shapechange spells (that code was only used for shifters before). It just depends on if the scripts have the code to read the information in those last three columns of the 2da file.

MannyJabrielle wrote:Oh.... not sure if this is in or not... my shifter is ascended so his
flight feat works anyway, but... Air elementals... I think they should
be able to fly as well if they don't already :-D
Already going in with the flight function being assigned to the Tool 6 instant feat. Smile Plus, it should also work with any form that has wings (such as the druid's bat, falcon, and swallow animal shapes).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:56 pm

yea...this is the reason i dont play tarn anymore...his wereform sucks...he has a 26 dex or so and when i shift he loses like 6 pts of ac and dies constantly.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down