Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues

+11
uriel1996
blackdragon12121
RustyDios
Lauralai
A_Vagabond
Eric of Atrophy
evilkittenofdoom
Elhanan
The Amethyst Dragon
MannyJabrielle
daveyeisley
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues - Page 5 Empty Re: Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues

Post by Angel of Death Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Actually now that I think of it, I was using a Staff of Steps IX at the time of testing which would influence the DC...

Did a second test of the DC without the staff just now:

[Intelligence Modifier: 17 / Epic Spell Focus: Illusion feat]

Phantasmal Killer DC = 37 (4th Level spell)

Greater Shadow Conjuration - Web version: DC = 35 (5th Level spell)

--
Shouldn't the DC of the 5th level spell be higher than the 4th level spell or am I totally wrong?

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues - Page 5 Empty Re: Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues

Post by evilkittenofdoom Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

It's replicating a 3rd level spell, so I can see how that might be how that works.

I was more concerned with it not taking into account the Illusion Spell Foci, which it seems to be doing correctly.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reports.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 pm

daveyeisley wrote:
4. Weird still killing party members. The saving throws seem to be backwards as well... creatures are rolling their saves vs death before the save vs mindspells. Even if they make the save vs mindspells, they're still dying on the fort save vs death (which shouldn't be made if they've made the will save). Fort save should be a sub-ifsavefailed-loop of the Will save loop. Perhaps compare the Weird scripting to the Wail of the Banshee script for determining how to make it affect the correct targets?

More on this, since I have noticed a number of 'oddness' stuff since I gained access to 9th level spells and been using the spell. It's kind of overpowered in the extreme as it is now, since it kills stuff which supposedly should be immune to the spell (undeads* and constructs to name two examples).

*The undeads which I have tested the spell on are the mummies, liches, and vampire shadowstalkers in the tomb with the elder calithian vampire, as well as every kind of undead spawning within the Necropolis of Alatha without exception. Oh, and Vorshlag of course. All of them are affected by the spell (having died after it has been cast)...I think, with this amount of tests, it's save to say all undeads are affected. Edit: Well, shoot. Tested it on the Elder Calithian Vampire just for good measure, he is not affected by the spell, the "immunity to death magic" message appears if he fails the saves...it's a very, very odd bug, right? ^^"

One more thing: Weird does not work on beholders/elder beholders which has either used a death ward potion or cast shadow shield, both spells which grants immunity to death magic. When beholders/elder beholders has said immunity, the message "immune to death magic" appear...It's ironic since undeads and constructs both has that immunity (or should be?) and are affected anyway. XD

I also got a screenshot if it helps any in understanding the bug.
Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues - Page 5 Weird-10
Caption: ...even Greyskull himself, cannot shake off the nightmarish images Anna creates in his mind! Razz
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Weird is supposed to respect mind immunity and death magic immunity, but it seems like only the Death magic is respected, and mind immunity has no effect.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues - Page 5 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:54 am

Casted Silvania's Nova of Life a moment ago and the stun effect does not appear to kick in anymore after dealing damage. For a moment I thought that the freedom effect on my ring of power may have negated the stun effect, but after removing the ring and checked that I did not have any paralysis immunity I cast the spell again (in a safe environment) with same result.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Stun is a Mind Affecting Spell, so Freedom would not affect it...

And if Mind Spell Immunity can negate the stun effect, that makes the spell's drawback rather... not so painful...
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Oh right, it is. >.>

It does not change anything though, Celestin was not wearing any item which grants him immunity to mind-affecting spells. (Oh, except the fear immunity on his armor but that shouldn't interfere...) And it doesn't. Tested again, casting the spell without any gear except a robe with +5 AC.

There is no stun effect, somehow it does not kick in as it's supposed too. And yeah, you're right...if the stun effect can be negated like that it's rather pointless having it in the first place because of the availability of mind immunity property. :/
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Mind immunity is actually one of the harder ones to get in aenea, not as hard as death magic, but perm mind immunity on an item is pretty rare.

Cloud of Bewilderment spell is affecting allies, despite the description specifying that only enemies are affected.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 pm

daveyeisley wrote:Cloud of Bewilderment spell is affecting allies, despite the description specifying that only enemies are affected.

Oh yes, reminding me, Firebrand does the same now. It effects everyone but the caster, despite the description wherein it stats it only effects enemies (the vfx has also changed from fire arrows to beam rays).
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 am

Today I wasn't able to get two Teleport scrolls to work inside Calithia, when before I'd had no problems. Tried first standing near Philonius, then moved away to the market area to try the second. It gave the vfx, but no change of location.

Then I took the Wanderer's portal back to the Vale, and there I finally could get a scroll to work, to take me to Tradeholm.

I don't know if it was a fluke or not, didn't want to waste more scrolls trying.

Edit: A few days later I tried again, this time moving to a more neutral spot in the streets, and the scroll worked. Before, it might have been some mini anti-teleport zones near merchants, or a fluke. So cancel issue.

Last edited by Ramana Jala on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 pm

The Silence spell is shown as available during levelup on my Wizard's Level 4 spell list. This spell is, of course, only a Level 2 Bard or Cleric spell. But since it won't let me select it to learn, no biggie.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Just something odd I noticed when making a stack of Caster Level 40 Ice Storm scrolls.... the " True Caster Level " part that gets added to the item was added multiple times, resulting in a stack of 10 scrolls with several entries of the true caster level in the description.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:The Silence spell is shown as available during levelup on my Wizard's Level 4 spell list. This spell is, of course, only a Level 2 Bard or Cleric spell. But since it won't let me select it to learn, no biggie.
Pretty sure it's not a bug that it's selectable to you, just one of those spells which has been made available for wizards/sorcerers on Aenea as well. Smile

Though it is a bug you can't take it...neither of my wizards has had any problem taking the Silence spell from the level-up screen (both illusionists). Another thing which I has noticed with the spell is...when casting it, targeting yourself, it doesn't ignore SR like it's supposed to on an ally.

Quoting from spell description: "...If cast on an ally, no saving throws or spell resistance checks are necessary".

...by ally, I naturally assume the caster is counted under that too.

*The PC I used is my wizard, Anna, which is a bright gnome, level 40, with an innate SR of 47.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Perhaps I'm mistaken about not being able to choose it during levelup. Let me recheck that during next levelup, as I probably tried to learn it from a scroll instead, thinking that I already had a scroll of it so why waste a precious spell slot choice during levelup. Of course, the scroll only lists Bard and Cleric, so it wouldn't let me learn it.

I had checked under Changed Spells, thinking that if it had been expanded to be for Wizards also, such might be mentioned there. But if your wizard took it, then I guess it's for wizards now. Thanks for the info!

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah...the scroll found in shops or in loot is not recognized as an arcane spell, and therefore can the spell not be scribed into the spell book like other wizard spells - It has to be taken on level-up.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:26 am

The Weird spell may need repair. Was just on Deathwater Isle and fighting a Beholder Mage and it cast this spell right before it died. The spell appeared after it's death, and while Briar failed the SR check, he made a Will ST, but was killed anyway.

P.S. Briar does have Mind Immunity via item.

I did take a screenie, but cannot figure out how to post it; been working at it now for some time.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 pm

I am still really missing Summon Shadow (for Shadow Conjuration, GSC, etc), and Black Blade. Any update on when they might be gotten working again?
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Teleport Barrier doesnt seem to be much of a barrier at all.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 am

Word of Faith is not Stunning enemies correctly.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 am

Pacify and Mass Pacify have Instant durations, but are appearing on Extended Spell lists for Clerics.

Find and Disarm Traps is also appearing on the list.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Mordenkainens sword summons some random bald guy who just kinda stands there...

Still, before looking at this, it would be great to have black blade actually summon something.

daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Just used a prayer scroll.... it made commoners around me very angry Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 am

If we are supposed to put all little (non-epic) magic activation issues here, maybe this thread should be stickied so it stays up near the top of the list on the Bug Reports page?

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Wanted to *bump* Black Blade of Disaster nearer to the top; is one of the better choices for a 9th lvl spell slot ordinarily. Thanks!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah, I really miss Black Blade, especially as my shadow mage has just reached level 9 spells!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 am

Setting caster level for scroll-making doesn't seem to work.

Get a message that it's been set, but on the scrolls the only numbers present are lower, presumably the base level of the spell.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:32 am

Ramana Jala wrote:
Setting caster level for scroll-making doesn't seem to work.

Get a message that it's been set, but on the scrolls the only numbers present are lower, presumably the base level of the spell.
Did you remember to set which class you are using for enchanting such items via ;;mi class xxxxx? (reference)
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:36 pm

That's what was wrong, thanks! That fixed it.

I'd been using the directions in the variable chat help ;;mi scroll help and ;;mi scroll info, which didn't mention ;;mi class xxxxx.

I'd forgotten about setting the class, probably because I'd set that months ago and then put it out of my mind thinking that it was persistent.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 pm

It should be persistent unless you have multiple caster classes
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Okay, then we'll just see from here.

It's possible that I actually didn't set it, or it's possible that I set it and some ghost in the updates reset it.

Either way, I'll be sure to keep a check on it from now on.

Thanks!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Updated - Consolidated List of Magic Issues - Page 5 Empty Substitution Staves and Incendiary Cloud

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Looks like the elemental substitution staves do not work with the Incendiary Cloud spell. Its a nice spell, but fire damage doesn't work on a lot of baddies, so being able to substitute would make the spell much more attractive.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5