Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant Empty Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant

Post by Veenkar Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 am

1. I know that bonuses from clases can be somehow included in chars card (using some haks) it would be useful in allowing to take aome feats connected for example with dex.

2. I have an idea for a subrace:

GIGANT

+++++
can hold 2handed weapons in one hand (i heard that this modyfication is possible)
+4 str

----------
30% exp penality
-2 int
Veenkar
Veenkar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 111
Main Character : Alin Amraphenen
Other Character : Veenkar Moonshade
Other Character. : Ofelia Huffie
NWN Username : Veenkar
Time Zone : GMT +2 (summer) GMT +1 (winter)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant Empty Re: Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant

Post by Veenkar Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am

NOTE: i have a polish version of NwN so the names of feats could be changed by double translation.

3. Your wonderful upgrades for spellcasting classes are great but...
They've sharply decrased the meaning of the fighting classes who don't cast spells (they have only charge)

SOLUTINON: Allow the warriors to permanent enchant their weapons using some enchanting crystals and crafting skill (or created enchanting skill) if it is possible.
If not you can also create enchanting stones that incrases weapon stats for limited time buy with unlimited uses/day that need enchanting skill.

4....:::my ideas for feats:::...

- Monkey grip (allows to hold 2handed weapons in 1 hand)
needs: power attack, str 14+, base attack 6, discipline 8 and for example rarely choosen ability like Iron will.

-Nature magic
You can cast spells in changed form.
needs: wild form 4x/day, spell lore 12, animal lore 12

-bard has loads of new songs. Each song by singing uses 1 noraml song.
Is it possible to create some feats like that ex. for druid to cast instead of wild form? or for a palladin for detect undead? or.... for a monk instead of muting fist.
Veenkar
Veenkar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant Empty Re: Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant

Post by daveyeisley Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 am

Veenkar wrote:NOTE: i have a polish version of NwN so the names of feats could be changed by double translation.

3. Your wonderful upgrades for spellcasting classes are great but...
They've sharply decrased the meaning of the fighting classes who don't cast spells (they have only charge)

In my opinion, the melee focused classes are the most powerful ones in the base install of the game.
They never have to contend with spell resistance, and a +5 weapon is fairly easly(not very easy, but
fairly easy) to acquire - just find a rod of greater enhancement and ANY weapon you want will become +5 for the day, making every spell that provides damage reduction useless with the
exception of Epic Warding that is only available at level 34 or so. Not to mentioned that this +5
weapon will ignore the damage reduction of almost every monster in the game.

There is little any enemy can do to stop a melee fighter who has arranged their defenses intelligently.
Add to this the "knockdown" and "improved knockdown" feats, and a melee fighter will absolutely
destroy most spellcasters as even freedom of movement does not protect against knockdown and
spells cannot be cast while prone.

On top of this, the melee classes have the most hitpoints and base attack bonus.
The only real threats to a well-built melee fighter are overwhelming numbers or high damage
output from range. Spellcasters do have some very nice perks, but they are also MUCH
more vulnerable and require a lot more finesse and preparation to survive combat.

SOLUTINON: Allow the warriors to permanent enchant their weapons using some enchanting crystals and crafting skill (or created enchanting skill) if it is possible.
If not you can also create enchanting stones that incrases weapon stats for limited time buy with unlimited uses/day that need enchanting skill.

There are already items that do this. Crystals of Fire, Dissolving, Static, Ice, and Cacophany (i think),
are all able to permanently add enchantments to the weapon of your choice. None of them require
crafting skills, the magic in the crystal does all the work for you.

As for enchancement bonuses, as I mentioned above, the various rods of enhancement are not
too difficult to find (try battling a few groups of bandits), and will enchant whatever weapon you choose
with an enchancement bonus of +1 (lesser), +3 (normal), or +5 (greater), for a number of HOURS of gametime
equal to the caster level imbued in the rod. The greater rod will last 15 hours, and can be used 3 times per day.
that is all the enhancement you will need until you are epic level.

Its just a matter of finding what you need. Melee focused characters are ALWAYS going to be all about getting better gear to be more powerful. Spellcasters have many other challenges to make up for the fact that their
most potent ability does not require gear. Gear helps spellcasters in a fashion similar to the way that
feats help melee combatants.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: 10-06-08 Counting stats + Gigant Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Veenkar Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks for the explaination Very Happy
I didn't know about that items.
Veenkar
Veenkar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:46 am

I'll have to think about some of these ideas. I especially like the idea of nature based feats that run off the wildshape ability.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down