Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Player Builder Module

3 posters

Go down

The Player Builder Module Empty The Player Builder Module

Post by Drgnwlkr Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Okay, after talking to RustyDios last night and reading more today, I decided to download the module needed to build my own house or whatever else. I am wondering if the mod needs to be updated because as I was working on the Worms Fantasy Interior tileset for the house I hope to get...content started to 'vanish' from being useable. What I mean is that when I wanted to place a fireplace from the "placeables-custom-civilization interiors", it was available. I placed it and changed its appearance to what I wanted. I did notice that on the left section of the toolset there was nothing where the name should have been for the fireplace. Anyhow, I kept building and when I noticed that I needed to extend that part of the wall, I simply highlighted the fireplace and moved it out of the way. I went back to the "placeables-custom-civilization interiors" tab and found that there were no fireplaces available. I also have troubles with some of the doors for the stairs but that could be a different issue. The reason I wonder if the mod needs updating is because of the updated resources for Aenea now.
Anyways, I just thought I'd ask/seek guidance =) I have updated my haks for Aenea and ran the CEP updater as well.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 180
Main Character : Elladyr the Pathfinder
Other Character : Arauka'dae the Ghost
Other Character. : Adahi Ditlihi, Knight of Dalix
Other Character.. : Aradia the Warblade
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

The Player Builder Module Empty Re: The Player Builder Module

Post by RustyDios Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Hmm... from my experiences the APBM kinda auto-updates when you update your Aenea haks ... .. if you need to check if it has all the content you can do this by viewing the Aenea_haks in your hak folder.. then checking all the said haks appear in the module properties>custom content list .. ...

This sounds like it might be a problem with your toolset... or possibly an "auto-move" of the item.. any placed item should appear in the left-hand section tabs under its respective heading (creature, door, placeables,etc).. find your fireplace there (with the name you gave it) and try a "focus on object" ... ((if this is the case and it has been auto-moved, you'll find your item in the lower-left corner of your area, likely under the tileset)) .....

When working with the toolset I tend to always paint the first item available (an arrow-corpse for placeables) then adjust everything for that item (appearance, name, tag, plot flag, description, etc) when the item is in the area.. rather then use the pre-fabricated stuff.. try that method and see if you think it works better for you .... ..

As the door issue.. post what you are trying, and what you think should be happening, and what is actually happening and we can see about tackling that one too ...

It's also a very weak chance that your toolset itself needs updating using the bioware nwn updater ?... but I very much doubt that is the case ... ... ...

Hope this was helpful to you ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : The Player Builder Module Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Is there a specific updater for the toolset...yeah that's a very novice question =)

The placeable is in the left of the toolset for that area, I mean when you click the "placeables-custom" tab there are no available fireplaces now for some reason.

Thanks for your help =)
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 am

Drgnwlkr wrote:
The placeable is in the left of the toolset for that area, I mean when you click the "placeables-custom" tab there are no available fireplaces now for some reason.
I believe that's normal; even though there is no pre-made placeables in the custom palette. All the placeables can be made using the wizard. It's a tedious job to pre-make all placeables available in a module, which is why I think The Amethyst Dragon just left it as is(since all you really need to do is create them from stratch or select an existing placeable and change it's appearance). Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : CĂ©lestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:50 am

Drgnwlkr wrote:Is there a specific updater for the toolset...yeah that's a very novice question =)

Thanks for your help =)

I think that the right side tab lists come from (are generated by) the current .tlk .... ... Well the standard pre-made item lists are.. the custom tabs are module specific (ish).... .... so as Aenea has had a .tlk update that may be where this problem is originating from... (you could check by placing the old .tlk back if you have a copy of it..).... but I think that may be where this problem has originated from....

At least we found where your fireplace had been moved to ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks, I'll check it by using a different tileset. I've updated the tlk so I don't have the old 1. I created the area I wanted on my own creation mod and everything worked fine but then again I used a different tileset and didn't have Aenea haks. I will work with the Player Build Module in a few minutes.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Okay, have tried in different tileset then back to original tileset I wanted to use. The placeables that had been in the custom tab at the start are still not there but I can create whatever. So, I can get back to building, I think, but I know creating new resrefs uses up resources for the server. RustDios, I believe you meant before that you used the same resref for your items just changed all the other details (name, tag, ect) correct?

Thanks to you all for the help =)
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah, just paint down a "standard" placeable/door/creature.. and change every other detail...

RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Should everything be set to plot? I've not done anything with that so am unaware of what it does/causes.
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:45 pm

The plot flag check box helps to protect your stuff from being smashed up.... the plot flag will make it so that any damage from any source is "ineffective"... ..

For a creature you can make it both plot and/or immortal.. plot will absorb any damage but immortal means it can be smashed up continuously without being destroyed... (useful for a "combat dummy") ....

There are also a few scripts that can be attached to things like harps/piano's to play a small melody on use... these are scripts that are part of the CEP (so don't add any extra stuff to the game) .. basically if you can find it in the APBM it exists (in some form) in the actual PW ... ...

Another good thing to use are waypoints for mapnotes and personal notes... a waypoint is visible to just the builder (unless it has map pin text for the Mini Map), these are good to let The Amethyst Dragon know what you intend for an area (ie a bedroom or a library), or any special properties of nearby objects (such as a food chest), or something you would like to see working with maybe some of aenea's scripts/dialogue (like a deity alter, or crafting set-ups) .... ...

Also notice that an area/placeable usually has no ambient-linked-sounds/lights.. so your fireplace for example will need the tileset it's on have a red/orange tint (maybe for it's secondary colour) and it will also need a sound object placed on/near it ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Again, thanks for all of your help! I do appreciate it =)
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down