Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

2 posters

Go down

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Empty Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

Post by Svair Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello folks - I was wondering if someone knows the answer to a question regarding Wiz/Sorc spell slots.

1. Wizards and other casters cannot cast spells that are of a higher level than their Int-10. (A Sorcerer cannot cast a 6th level spell with only a 15 Charisma).

My question is this: Do Casters still gain spell slots (but perhaps not spells) per their caster level regardless of their prime casting ability?

For example: A 13th Level Wizard (17 Int) has a 7th level spell slot which they can fill w/ a 7th level spell. But would a 13th level Wizard (16 Int) also gain a 7th lvl spell slot (to perhaps fill with a spell altered by a Metamagic feat)?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input.

S'Vair
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Empty Re: Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

Post by daveyeisley Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:16 am

I had a paladin with an 11 wisdom once, and he was only ever able to get 1st level spell slots... but i cant remember if that was because he didnt have enough paladin levels... best bet ywould be to load up the aenea player test module with a new character who is a caster with a minimum ability score, like 11 int for a wizard, and use the following commands:

`DebugMode 1

The capitalization is important in that one, btw

`dm_givelevel 15

then select your character, and level them up to check how it works with spell slots
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down