Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

Go down

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Empty Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

Post by Svair on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Hello folks - I was wondering if someone knows the answer to a question regarding Wiz/Sorc spell slots.

1. Wizards and other casters cannot cast spells that are of a higher level than their Int-10. (A Sorcerer cannot cast a 6th level spell with only a 15 Charisma).

My question is this: Do Casters still gain spell slots (but perhaps not spells) per their caster level regardless of their prime casting ability?

For example: A 13th Level Wizard (17 Int) has a 7th level spell slot which they can fill w/ a 7th level spell. But would a 13th level Wizard (16 Int) also gain a 7th lvl spell slot (to perhaps fill with a spell altered by a Metamagic feat)?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input.

S'Vair
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1176
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Empty Re: Question regarding Ability and Spell slots.

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:16 am

I had a paladin with an 11 wisdom once, and he was only ever able to get 1st level spell slots... but i cant remember if that was because he didnt have enough paladin levels... best bet ywould be to load up the aenea player test module with a new character who is a caster with a minimum ability score, like 11 int for a wizard, and use the following commands:

`DebugMode 1

The capitalization is important in that one, btw

`dm_givelevel 15

then select your character, and level them up to check how it works with spell slots
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6926
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Question regarding Ability and Spell slots. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down