Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma...

+3
Ceorlas
MannyJabrielle
Svair
7 posters

Go down

Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma... Empty Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma...

Post by Svair Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:56 am

------------------------------------------

Letter - 0001

Hi Ma,

I know that I didn't keep in touch like I promised. I'll try to make it up to you with these letters in the near future...

Yes, I'm still an angry fellow, but I'll let you know how that works for me up here on the surface.

No, I still haven't found a suitable Dwarf woman. Well, actually I have, but she attends a temple of our god and doesn't make time for small talk. Cute and business like all at the same time.

Did I ever tell you that Terris' Avatar once appeared to me my time of need?

More later,

Your dutiful son,

Phyllick Delucian

Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma... Empty Re: Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma...

Post by Svair Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 am

Letter - 0002

Hi Ma,

I want to talk to you about Grandpa Delucain someday. I'm a pretty angry fellow, but Grandpa was terrifying. I too am now pretty intimidating, but my enemies don't run from me as they did for Gramps. I think times has changed since then and now...

Regardless, one more step on Lysis' path and I'll be heartier than ever! But if I follow Gramp's footsteps, I'll need to be a lot stronger.

My morningstar did in a Draco-lich! It was the same day Terris appeared to me (actually, one of her avatars). I'll tell you more about this morningstar later, and what other weapons I sometimes use.

No Ma, I didn't take up the Dwarven Battleaxe. I'm sorry Ma, as good as it is, Fortune's smiled upon the weapon I have.

More later,

Your dutiful son,

Phyllick Delucian
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma... Empty Re: Phyllick Delucian's Letters to his Ma...

Post by Svair Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Letter - 0003

Hi Ma,

I have a pretty neat stone that makes sure I'm never hungry. Still, I like to sample whatever I find. There's been cheese, ramen, fish, and all sorts of fruit. The fresh bread here is excellent!

I found Cherry Trees yesterday. I've seen Cherries before, but never Cherry trees. I loaded my packs with them and have been snacking on them since.

I think this goes to show that I haven't been everywhere there is to explore here. I found my way to that grove in an area that I walk by almost once a day. I was so used to walking by it that I long ago stopped looking around the area's edges. I hadn't had blackberries in a long time, went and got some, and practically stumbled across the path into a new area for me.

I got to keep my eyes open more often. Who knows what else I've missed.

Your son,

Phyllick.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Letter - 0004

Hi Ma,

Just some more notes on hows it going here.

I was thinking of Gramps. He had a mean, angry streak, and I inherited some of it.

I get angry every so often. It makes me strong. Resilient. Even more hardy against those who'd play with my mind.

I noticed some steps of Lysis ago that I got even more angrier than I did before. I little more 'oomph' in the swing of my arm. A little harder knock down.

And then, pretty recently, others noticed how angry I was getting too. I think it scares them. They just stand there for a couple of moments with a look in their eye like they were wishing they were somewhere else.

But I still don't get angry as Gramps was. I just did take on cavern full of Huge Earth Elementals bare-handed* and did ok, but Grandpa Delucian would have done it faster.

I still have a ways to go, but I'm working on it.

Your Son,

Phyllick

PS No, I never hit anyone in anger that didn't have it coming to them. That includes that pesky chatty goblin outside of Calithia.

* OOC: When I rested before trying to get the dang Essence of Earth, I forgot to re-equip my shield and weap. I thought I never saw such a bunch of tough elementals until I realized what I had done. It cost me about 10,000 gp in healing potions...It pays to check your current Inventory and equipped items frequently.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:36 am

Letter - 0005

Hello Ma,

I've sent more letters to Macedone. She still ain't responding. Oh well...

I've gotten 6 pairs of boots now. They all do something worthwhile. You know how short my legs are; I usually go with footwear that lets me run a little faster.

I come across the most curious and disturbing village yet. In the middle of it is an alter to a gawd most of Aenea doesn't directly acknowledge or even appreciate. I pounded on many doors looking for an explanation, but all I found was a baker. And a bunch of snakes.

The baker was the only thing of real interest in the village that I could determine. I demanded an explanation from him...but I can't remember much more than his ingratiating smile. I think I left with 13 loaves of bread and zero explanations.

This place is weird. Looking forward to coming home.

Your Son,

Phyllick

PS Honest to Terris, the proper footwear means a whole lot here.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:50 am

Letter - 0006

Hello Ma,

Good and Bad news Ma.

The good is that I took another step on L.'s path. I get even angrier than before.

The bad news is that I still can't beat that dang draco-lich under that graveyard. Everytime I get close to putting him down, that bastich is able to heal himself. And then do it again. And again. You get the picture.

Which brings up something that I'm even further embarrassed by. There's these floating gasbags up here that do me in in seconds flat. Seriously. I survive maybe a round or three and then I'm off to that great hall. Worse yet is that between killing me and me arriving in the hall they still take indecent liberties with my corpse (OOC: an additional 53 attacks once!).

I've got the health to take lots and lots of beatings, burnings, won't be turned into stone because of my cloak, etc... but I think that I need to find an item that protects from spells that can kill a guy outright. I've found a ring and cloak, and have my own custom helm, but nothing so far. All a guy like me asks for is a decent chance to take a swing at these suckers.

Oh yeah, I should mention something else. Do you know what a lizard looks like (yeah, I know you do). I found some really, really big ones, at least 3 dwarves tall. At first I laughed because their arms were so small. Then I found out that their mouth can crunch just about anything. Boy was my face red. No worries for me on that end, but I figured it was something you hadn't seen back home.

Your son,

Phyllick

PS - I kid you not, I saw a dragon living in the middle of a city the other day. I don't think that most people know that he lives in a building out of sight. I wanted to whack him, but despite how rude he was he never made a move against me. Oh well...
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:08 am

Letter - 0006

Hello Ma,

Good news!

I know that I've sometimes complained in my letters about my circumstances. I really shouldn't because I'm having the time of my life.

Seriously. Get beaten down 7 times, get up 8 times (or however many times it actually is). And it's worth it.

I beat that dang draco-lich AND a gaggle (herd? flock?) of Beholders. It took some changes as to how I approached them though.

You know that I'm a straight forward sort of guy. I see something that shouldn't be allowed to perpetuate (I learned that word from Crideas Bane) itself and its goals so I go over and whack it with my morningstar.

Usually.

I guess you could call it "strategy" or "tactics", but I guess it boils down to trying to do the same thing (whack it) but by mixing it up how you try to do it.

With the draco-lich, I made sure I had plenty of healing-like potions. I swung at it as hard as I ever did, but I kept a careful eye on myself to make sure he wasn't getting the best of me. If I thought he was on a trend (he can hit pretty hard), I backed off a dozen paces and tried to remedy the situation. Then I went at him again.

For the Beholders, that was a different story. I caught them out in the open. I played "Eye-Spy" with them.

One or two of them would see me and start after me. Yeah, they'd knock me down or put me to sleep, etc..., but I could survive that. I'd just "run away" for a little distance and they would leave their fellow gas-bags behind. After they were separated a distance from their gaggle, I'd turn around and whack them individually or two at a time. Then I'd would wait, rest, and try to get a couple more of them to follow me. Sure, I guess I can't take them all at once like I'd like to. But in the end I show'd that gas-bag-mage what "Phyllick's Smasher" could do in a close encounter pinch.

Your Son,

Phyllick Delucian

PS What the heck is a "Arcane Defender"? It acts like a golem, can take a beating better than I can, and guards a bridge that leads to an empty cavern. Do you know what it is? Either way, it was a seriously more tough battle than I'm letting on to, and it was the most satisfying (STR/DR vs. STR/DR) encounter I've had in long time.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:51 am

Letter - 0007

Hello Ma,

I finally got my 10th 'Soul Gem'. I bought it off a merchant in the desert city. I don't know what good it will do me, but I hope to find out soon.

Though this is late in coming, I should still mention it. Worshiping at T.'s alter is very important. If I knew this sooner, I would be another one or two steps (or even more!) closer to Grandpa's ways. Z. rewards the faithful regardless of your faith.

You son,

Phyllick
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Letter - 0007

Hello Ma,

Still in Aenea, still trying to make sense of this "Prophecy". I'm getting closer nearly everyday and someday will be able to do what needs to be done.

It's that spooky qhost in the Vale. When he looks at me, it's as if he expects something from me. And he's judging me for it. He's not said nothing, but I just know...

Oh, guess what! I wrastl'd with Crideaus Bane! Who would have thought that a robe-wearing book learn'd fellow could be so hard to pin. I don't think I tripped him up once, and that's after he just got done wrastling with another fellow (no rest!), and this fellow was giving me aid from the sidelines (though I didn't know it till after). He actually pinned me!

I had no doubt of the outcome, and it were just for fun, but it's funny. He once told me, many "moons", that he'd be afraid of the day if I ever went bad. Now the boot is on the other foot. I don't know who could stop him. Fortunately, he's a good guy (and my oldest friend here).

I've started collecting all sorts of clothing and stuff. Boots and cloaks mostly, but also necklaces and rings. I have to carry them in bags. It's embarrassing, but they come in handy pretty frequently. If I got to jump a chasm, I put on one set of boots - if I know I'm going to fight a dragon, I put on another. And now I can fly as much as I want to (I think - I still haven't worked out how to use that dang cloak). Don't tell Grandpa any of this though...I'm afraid he'd call me a 'nancy boy' or something.

You son,

Phyllick
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Letter - 0008

Hello Ma,

It's your son again. Sorry I haven't written in so long...

Do you remember that Dragon I mentioned in letter #6? He made a nuisance of himself.

Worse than a nuisance. He got really mad for reasons that I don't really understand. And he found out where some heroes were coming from (heh...I know he wasn't talking about me) and decided to trash the place. He brought along some buddies too.

He broke and burnt and kill'd many good folk. There was a noble guy in a hall that I swear could have been my brother. We had the same taste in haircuts!

And the local butcher is gone. He was one of the first people to talk to me here, sold me my first food bag, and seemed alright even though he was a half-orc.

It took a lot of people to stop him. It was touch and go for many of us. In the end, it was this guy named Garon who delivered the final blow.

Things are moving on, though the dragon's handiwork is still everywhere. Broken buildings, scorch marks on the ground, etc...

Now, I'm pretty sure it wasn't me barging into this guy's tower that set him off, or even me disrespecting his goblin lackey (I wonder where that bugger went and gone off to). But it did give a teach me something - don't wait for evil to rear up and bite you.

I know where there is a nest of that dragon's cousins. I'm going to go and take care of that situation today rather than wait for them to start wrecking things at their pleasure.

Your dutiful son,

Phyllick Delucian
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:40 am

Letter - 0009

Hello Ma,

Hope you are doing well? How much farther have you sunk that Mithral mine you were working on before I left? I hope that it has had good yields, and maybe game up some adamantine as well.

I took on those dragons I spoke of. It wasn't that hard of a battle, though it could have been worse. I've been learning 'tactics' since those eye-balls I took on a while back, but apparently they haven't.

I whacked two of them before the third started to whack at me. They got some fancy magics that didn't work so well...but if they started out swinging like I did, they would probably have done better. By the time the 3rd one realized he could hit me pretty good, I had already whacked the other two and was almost done whacking him. Too late for them...the Orc Destroyers could teach them a think or...well...that one thing that Orc Destroyers do so well.

I think I've figured out this prophecy thing. I know that it likely isn't about me, but I have figured out most of it. Maybe I can pass on the information to a real hero say he or she might be able to finish it. The last part is about some gems...

I think some lions want them. I only had one, and can't find another one. But I could be on the wrong track, but I still want to know these stuck-up jerks want.

I ain't stupid no matter what those flea-bags have to say.

Your dutiful son,

Phyllick Delucian

PS - I met a nymph the other day. She let me rest in her glade 'cause I was "polite". Near a broken down tower.

PPS - Four more steps on Lysis' path and I think that maybe I'll be up to wrastling Gramps. Maybe, not sure....but those four steps are going to take a long time to travel.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Letter - 0010

Oh Ma,

Something terrible has happened. "Phyllick's Smasher" is no more.

I've had the morningstar since I found it on the body of a goblin I killed while trying to rescue the negligent farmer's daughter. I hadn't even been in Aenea for very long. I never put it down from that moment on...

I used it all the time. It's always been with me (ooc: over 180 hrs of gameplay). And whenever I could, I made it better. Man, that thing could do all sorts of different types of damage.

"Phyllick's Smasher" took down everything that came against us. It was getting so worn and ugly but I didn't care. It smashed goblins and dragons alike.

And then tragedy.

I stumbled across a couple of Rust Monsters in a cave near Springwood. Now, "P.'s Smasher" has done in many of their kind, so I start swing'n. And then I heard the "woosh" of my fist going through empty air, and a coppery/brown dust coated my hand.

Grandpa has never been so angry as I was at that moment. I beat those things into a gooey puddle with my bare fists. Then I kicked them into the cavern. Then I went and looked for some more of them and did the same thing. And whenever I find any more, I will punch and kick them into pulpy red smears. They're abominations and I will not stand for them.

I can find another Morningstar. I could buy a Morningstar and make it even better. I could use this fancy certificate to get a real nice one, perhaps forged by Silverhall Dwarves.

But it won't be "Phyllick's Smasher". No other weapon will be.

R.I.P. my faithful friend.

Your son,

Phyllick Delucian
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Letter - 0011

Dear Ma,

A funny thing happened today.

I wanted to break in "Son o' Smasher", and had a good idea where to do it at. I went to one of those portals and starting punching in a combination.

When I was almost done, I noticed somebody close by. I assumed they were waiting to use the portal too. But when I finished the combination, they ran through the portal before I could yell a warning. I have no problem with someone coming with me, as long as they know what they are getting themselves into.

By the time I made it through the portal, mere moments after the other guy, I witnessed a bunch of orcs standing around laughing and pointing at something on the ground.

[shrug]

I took the smiles off their faces though. I would have resurrected the guy too if given the chance...seemed like a ballsy sort of fellow and I wouldn't mind showing him around if he'd like.

Oh, another thing. I've given up on Mana in Macedone, but there is another prospect. I keep running from her 'cause she makes me nervous (you know how I get...)

Uhm....how do you feel about inter-species dating? There's this elven women I've been woo'ing with gifts for a while. Today she reciprocated with a gift of her own.

Does the elvish word 'minion' mean 'betrothed' in Common?

Your Son,

Phyllick Delucian

Last edited by Svair on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: Mana is the Dwarven Priestess of Terris in Macedone.)
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Hehe, Poor Phyl. Might have bitten off more than can chew with that one Wink
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:Hehe, Poor Phyl. Might have bitten off more than can chew with that one Wink

Well that would certainly suck for him. Very Happy
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceorlas Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:18 am

Does the elvish word 'minion' mean 'betrothed' in Common?

No .. it means .. Dogsbody.

In Angelican, however, it has the much more specific meaning of "mobile snack".
Ceorlas
Ceorlas
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Male Number of posts : 58
Main Character : Aefrith
Time Zone : GMT
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Ceorlas wrote:

In Angelican, however, it has the much more specific meaning of "mobile snack".

Hee hee! Phyllick hasn't learned that yet. :-)
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Because he keeps running away :-p
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:Because he keeps running away :-p

He's shy.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:00 am

Letter - 0012

Dear Ma,

Praise to Terris. Regardless of what occurs to me, she is my rock. She is the Rock.

I traveled with others tonight. It was more enjoyable that I would have thought. I'm used to wandering about by myself, but it was good to adventure with others.

The sad news is this: It's probably a cultural thing, but Angelica did not recognize common courtship practices. The Bearing of the Unarmored Heart made her flee from my presence.

<sigh>

Maybe Mana in Macedone can still be convinced of my Worth, if Worth I truly have.

Your Son,

Phyllick

P.S. Tried to wrastle Crideas again. Me and about another 6 folks. It did not end so good for us...he was not pinned once.

P.P.S. I wrastled with another fellow, and was able to pin him. But I was much more experienced than that the guy, and I know that he'll get the best of me by the time he's seen as much of Aenea as I have.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:52 am

Perhaps it was not so much the unarmored heart, but the unarmored other dangly bits :p

(and as scary as it was, it was not the first time that very night Angelica got flashed Shocked )
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm

Sirrah,

You impugn Phyllick's Honorable character and mis-characterize his Noble intentions.

You portray his earnest and chaste behavior as tawdry "flashing". You describe his comportment as "scary".

Such lewd depictions I might expect from a troll or Gnome. But perhaps I should not be surprised at their origins; it is only the degree of disappointment that truly surprises me.

I expect satisfaction at Dawn in the Arena.

[the above is meant as humor Razz]
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Just be sure to wear some clothes for that match Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Letter - 0013,

Dear Ma,

I've noticed some encampments of Orcs on the border of our civilized lands. I fear that they might be reconn reconnais advanced scouting parties.

I've scouted a ways into their territory before, but apparently I missed their slave camps. I stumbled across one last time in that area.

There were humans there. They did not speak to me even when I addressed them in Common. I don't know if they understand anything other the Orc. It angered me to see their complacency, as if they had they had accepted their lot.

And then they surprised me. I began to hunt down their slavemasters and slaughter them under the cover of the mist there. And the humans too began to fight. Unarmed.

I tried to provide protection to them as much as I could. They were being cut down around me...and still they fought on.

Hope lives in the darkness of Orc tyranny.

Your Son,

Phyllick

PS I thought about giving Angelica a second chance, but thought better of it. Too skinny. I hope she'll understand when I tell her we'd be better friends than something that would require more than I'm ready to give.

Last edited by Svair on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I see you.)
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:04 am

Letter - 0014,

Dear Ma,

Success! I've never been able to duplicate my win over a group of eye-balls since the time a caught a bunch of those gas-bags in the open. Until today!

I went into this Castle that I've been in so many times before that I've memorized which doors open and which ones are always stuck shut. I got to the lower (upper?) floor, took care of what was standing in my way (dang constructs, they hit so dang hard it makes a dwarf jealous), and then got down to business.

I used them 'tactics' Crideas talks about. No need to try to take them all on at once. Whack 'em a bit, then run a ways off and recover. Did that a couple of times, and I got them all!

Then I took care of some guy who I think was miff'd that I was there. I felt bad about whacking him 'cause I never met him before and he never caused me any problems... He had a key that didn't unlock anything nearby (there was this door that I couldn't open, and the key didn't work on it - I walked back out the way I came).

Sorry if I'm so long-winded - I actually have something important to say: Grandpa might be proud of me.

I now can get very, very angry. It scares me 'cause I lose track of what I'm supposed to be doing. But it my rage makes me stronger, hardier, and more resistant to those who'd mess with my mind. More important, it can make a yammering wizzie shut right up. I'd like to think that Grandpa would like that....

Anyhoo, I think I got all the things to fulfill this 'prophecy' business. I don't know where to take all the stuff though...I think that I'll wander about the land while I think about what I should do..

One more thing - Terris provides me my sturdiness. I've become more and more devout as I grow in experience. She's provided me my gauntlets, my helm, and I hope that she will hear my petition for a new set of armor.

Your son,

Phyllick
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 am

Letter - 0015,

Dear Ma,

Dang-blast it! In my last letter I talked about 'tactics' and how I beat those gas-bags in that castle.

Well, I know where there was a bunch more, and finally decided to see if I could do the same thing there as I did at the other place. Honestly, I just want to see what's in the place.

I got all ready. Got my gear on. Worked myself up. Remembered my planning. Opened the door and charged!

Got whacked right away by some eye-beam. I'm pretty sure I hit one of them*, but before I could see what happened I'm standing in the Great Hall.

Zolas is going to start charging me rent I'm there so often.

Your Son,

Phyllick

* Poor Phyllick died even before his weapon damage could be resolved. The very first thing that hit him was a Death Ray. Rolled a '1', naturally.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:23 am

ouch... I actually got blasted into oblivion yesterday because I mistargeted a horrid wilting and didnt catch all of them in the area, combine with the fact that I got a piddly damage roll and they all survived.... I got hit by over 40 eye beams in less than 6 seconds. Two of which were that ridiculous one that does magical damage... which ALSO happened to crit... and I rolled a 1 on the save against one of the crits.... so I was dead before I knew what hit me... just from straight magical, unresistable or mitigatable damage.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Letter - 0016,

Dear Ma,

I met a pretty sturdy fellow a while back. I made friends with him, and he showed me how to 'bulk up' even more than I was able to before.

I think that I've learned all that he's able to teach, and I'm grateful for his instruction. Man, that took a while because I concentrated on his lessons until I learned them all...

Combined with my Rages, I'm a decent enough brawler to handle most things. I ain't the best there is, but that's alright. I'm having fun...

Your Son,

Phyllick

PS - Wrastl'd a Sorcerer. She pinned me once (stupid unbreakable walls), but I pinned her the next time.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Barbarian in a box!

Twisted Evil
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:27 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:Barbarian in a box!

Twisted Evil

The funny thing was that I just started smacking the first wall you put up. It seemed like it was doing damage, and I just ignored the other walls that sprung up around me. When I finally realized what was up, it took me a long time wracking my brain til I thought of something to do, but the Traveler's Amulet was worthless. All I could do was stand there swearing and while taking spell after spell to the face. :-)
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 am

-- Fighting in the arena has that property of no teleports... unfortunately that includes Transference ... I wish it was allowed --
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:29 am

Letter - 0016\7,

Dear Ma,

The weapon of prophecy has been forged.

Soon I will right the wrong of the land.

How far have you sunk the mine these days?

Your son,

Phyllick
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 am

Letter - 0018

Dear Ma,

I am sorry for not writing sooner...

...Gron broke me into pieces. It hurt so bad. I hid in the Underdark until I healed. I kept dreaming how he stood over me and gloated. Even now I can see his twisted face sneering at me while I bled out in his throne room.

I've recovered to a large degree. Between prayers to Terris and taking out my frustrations against the Undead here I've finally taken my 40th step on our family's path. I hope Grandpa is, if not proud, then satisfied with what I've become.

I'm ready to come home. I just need to face Gron one more time...

Your Son,

Phyllick

PS I met someone named Gash (I can't pronounce it the way he said it) a while back. Like our family, though not Dwarven, I can tell he knows how important it is to get angry once in a while.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 am

Letter - 0019

Dear Ma,

You've been gone for sometime now. When you left me in the care of Uncle, I was just a lad.

And Uncle passed on some decades ago. Even Anger as hot as his cannot sustain a Dwarf forever...

But the Anger he taught me saw me through to the end. I've accomplished what I set out to do, and the Anger I both learned and earned was enough to see it finished.

I'm coming home to the mine. Maybe I'll dig a little deeper, but who knows...

...what I do know is this: I must let go of the Anger before it burns me out. My feet are tired, I've learned what it is to carry Hope with me, and now am changed by it.

Wherever you are, I hope that you are proud.

Your Son

Phyllick Delucian

PS - Long time ago, Crideas gave me a key to his house. I never used it, but I'm going to now. I'm leaving my letters to you in his care.

PSS - Thank you Crideas, my first friend in Aenea.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

OOC: Can I assume you defeated Gron!? If so, CONGRATS!!!!

Wish I coulda been there Sad
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm

daveyeisley wrote:OOC: Can I assume you defeated Gron!? If so, CONGRATS!!!!

Wish I coulda been there Sad

Thanks, yeah, I finally did it. Smile

This first time I was there, someone let him out of the Throne Room. I wasn't expecting him to be wandering around, wasn't prepared, and Phyllick got crushed.

Second time I was there, he was waiting for me on the other side of the door. On the first round, his second successful strike, he did poor Phyllick in.

Third time there where 2 of him! I lasted for a while, but not long.

Fourth attempt was the charm, though maybe I was just lucky. There is a very bad spell that strips people of their hit points that he kept casting, but Phyllick had hit points to spare. While casting Phyllick just whacked him till he keeled over Razz

Took something like 8 months, 250 hours of gameplay, but I have no regrets taking the time.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:09 am

bounce jocolor bounce Huzzah! bounce jocolor bounce
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Congrats, Phyllick, congrats! A hard-earned victory, indeed!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Thank you!
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:27 pm

--------------------------------------------------------
Yes, my Goddess. Your faithful servant heeds your call.
--------------------------------------------------------
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down