Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Go down

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives Empty Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Post by Ramana Jala Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 am

Previous journal:  Living Ramana's Life - 3 - Clarity

After discussing matters with her now former Master, the graduated Magus Ranara Duauth proceeded to the Calithian desert to conduct tests upon the large suspended crystal which held the key to Veleron's invulnerability.  The sunny, hot, and dry baking desert was her least favored environment, perhaps only short of being immersed in lava, but she took redundant precautions to prevent her evaporation, and worked mostly at night when possible.  This would be the most dangerous crystal that she had ever attempted to resonate with, and it seemed fitting that this be her graduate project in using her magick skills, including the greater manipulations of the Flow that were becoming accessible to her beyond rote spells, and her other recently developed innate talent of empathic energetic resonance with her own unique structure.

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives Aenea_2014_00112_cr

From its grosser emanations, it would have been obvious to even the non-magical that the crystal was powerfully strong with evil, and so she exercised extreme care as she began to probe its secrets.  She started from the edges to work inward, first examining the one accessory crystal present to ascertain its energetic signature, which she would triangulate with any results from her planned upcoming survey of the primary crystal, in order to determine their exact relationship.  That accessory crystal was presumably somewhat, if not entirely, antithetical in nature to the primary, being as it was already known that several such crystals in precise alignment could contain, repress, or interrupt the emanations of the primary.  Knowing how that binding crystal was precisely related to the primary could allow her to derive the signature, the mathematical intervallic relationship, that she would be feeling for in the other binding crystals, in order to detect them.  While doing this she did not yet contact or invade the primary crystal, but stood away and perceived what she could without direct interaction.

She then circumnavigated the primary crystal and extended her perceptions to the edge of its matrix, feeling its energy output.  It radiation was of the nature of evil, certainly, but more specifically her analysis detected spectrum signatures of the expected negative energy, and of the element of iron, although the crystal did not seem to be of any naturally-occurring ferrous stone.  She meditated upon its signature, blanketing the area external to the crystal with detection magic, extending her senses into the radiation only.  She unbound her own innate energies slightly from her usual containment, and allowed them to surround her form in a shadowy watery vapor, to permeate and interact with the radiation.  She used as many methods as she had within her disposal to thoroughly understand that radiation, including even playing tones upon her harp to see how it all would respond to those vibrations and sonic intervals, all the time acquiring feedback from the interference pattern and resonance with her own extended energies.

It was not until she had thoroughly exhausted all external non-invasive and non-magical avenues of study, that she approached the dangerous crystal to use her magick on it and extend her energies into it to probe beneath its surface.  Being as Ranara's own nature was partially of negativistic shadow energies, balanced by her more positivistic water elemental part, she was not afraid of the crystal for its dark energies.  But she would have to be careful in the extreme, and exact in her actions.  She warded her own presence as best she could against detection by Veleron, and closed off her mental inter-planar connection to her other self Ramana in order to safeguard her 'sister'.

It was well that she had done so, for as Ranara delicately ventured to contact and invade the crystal lattice with detection magic and tentatively extend her own inherent energies to resonate with it and feed back information, within her mind she began to hear an increasingly thunderous roar of maddened screams of the countless who had been tortuously sacrificed to pour their blood into the dark magick that had formed the evil crystal, and she had to increasingly exercise more of her will to withstand potential mental disruption and derangement.  She realized that the iron signature, that she had previously detected externally, likely was entirely hematic, coming only from that selfsame sacrificial blood.

Proceeding warily, she extended her senses a bit further into the evil crystal, in order to at least derive enough of its basic nature in order to be able to triangulate the nature of the relationship that would have to exist between it and the remaining antithetical crystals, in order to find them.  It was slow work, navigating the matrix and working so as to avoid detection as best as possible.  All the while being in the presence of the signature of great agony, and hate and immense negative emotions and intentions.  She could not spend long in such a disruptive environ, and so worked with urgent efficiency to determine the needed information.

When she did all that she could do, she withdrew from the evil crystal.  She returned home and sat in a cool bath for half a day to meditate upon and qualify the relationships that she had found.  Next she would have to seek to detect the crystals by their signature, and use all her magick again to overcome any potential occluding wards that likely would be hiding their presence and location....

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives Empty Re: Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 am

I find myself still very inexpert in the understanding and use of deception.

Since I know that Truth is sacrosanct to Archmagus Crideas, my mentor and former Master, when he threatened Orrin Shadowfingers, I took the Archmagus' words as if they were an oath.  I became concerned that the Archmagus had succumbed to some emotional issue, and his threat was genuine to harm the valuable community resource in the person of Orrin Shadowfingers, guildmaster of irregular affairs.  It was not until later that I realized that Master Crideas had been bluffing, and he would have actually never proceeded with damaging Orrin.  But it was necessary to make Orrin think that he was under threat, in order to coerce information from him.  Or perhaps it was more a reminder of the reality of their current hierarchical standing when Orrin was trying to usurp that and make it a negotiation... and may have had something to do with how many people there were to witness the interaction, as Orrin would have had to save face in front of others, and keep the secret that the Archmagus is veritably his superior.  I had not thought it a good move to accost Orrin with so many others there, but the secret of the Archmagus' influence in the Guild was kept, in any case.

I am still unaccustomed to censoring the flow of true information, as if some who can perceive it should not be made privy to it, if at all possible.  I have made Truth the basis of my thinking processes, and so it requires adjustment to speak that which is not true.  It is not beyond my mental capacity, of course, to immediately evaluate a personality and hypothesize the many avenues of reaction which that person might respond with, to certain information.  However, I am usually rather at a loss with emotional erraticity.  I understand on an intellectual level the basic emotions of fear, love, greed, and anger, but in practice, an emotional being can be experiencing all these at once, in irrational combination, and not in any logical addressable order to effectively placate them, nor guide them by logical persuasion.  Incidentally, I have noticed that these aforementioned emotions do seem to have consistent linkages, and one could postulate that fear and love form one couplet, and greed and anger form another couplet.

As much as my sister is able to communicate with me when I keep our mental link open, she has tried to coach me to be judicious about whom I disseminate information to, about ourselves.  I have thus tried to incorporate a lack of forthcomingness about the subject of our cojoined existence.  And I find myself, more often than not, keeping the link to Ramana's mind open so that I can consult her memories as an encyclopedia, especially in matters of emotional experience.  Also, I now allow her access to my memory most of the time, as our link is more under the control of my will than hers, for she provides more than mere information on places and things, and in fact, consulting her memory has provided valuable insights to give context to many subjects I encounter.  She is also not reticent to advise me on the principles of kindness and social graciousness, including displays of gratitude.  Nor is she averse to requesting that I remind Master Crideas of such details if they seem to be slipping his over-occupied mind.

I will examine further these issues of the use of deception and withholding, and will likely implement a further reticence of information.  If I cannot yet fathom and implement a proper pro-active usage of techniques such as bluffing, I can at least understand enough to perceive that the possibility of deliberate deception exists, so as to not interfere by countering any necessary deceptions with truthful utterances.  I hope I did not interfere too badly in the Archmagus' encounter with Orrin.

I have taken the sample of Highfang's poison to Vandar the Alchemist in Watertown and left it for his analysis.  I shall call upon him again tomorrow evening to hear his results.  In the meantime I will see to what the Archmagus has discovered in his research.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives Empty Re: Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life - Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:44 pm

My frequent forays as of late to K'Nort Scrar to test magicks upon expendable vermin biologicals has earned me among the Orcs the title of Wraith Witch of K'Nort Scrar.  It seems that they believe that I am the undead revenant of some Elf intent to avenge her own death and the many deaths of Elves at the hands of the Orcs.

This has caused my sister no end of amusement.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Anyone looking to find Lady Ramana Domefarar or Magess Ranara Duauth will find that they have inexplicably gone missing from Aenea, along with their companion panther.

Investigation by Ramana’s significant other and close friends will find that in the sisters’ manor still under construction, in a room in the sublevel, there is a magically-tuned circle drawn, and in its center is a small pile, of a book on planar travel magic and Ranara’s mage robe with one of Ramana’s silk dresses inside the robe.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:39 am

The four interdependent beings [Ramana, Ranara, Dae, and Oremaa] are sojourning in another universe.  Who knows how they might be found and returned.

Living Ramana's and Ranara's Life:  Journal of Two Conjoined Lives part 2 [Thain on Toril]  (pics aren't visible without login)
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sat May 25, 2019 9:57 am

Ranara and Dae appear at the planar nexus in the Inn.  Ranara glances about for a moment, then looks over at her panther friend.

Dae, it seems that we are again in the Amethyst Universe.  I did not expect the limited test of my planar relocation spell to actually transport us here.  But it may be for the best.  Since this is the universe in which I was created, a universe without a shadow plane, being here should stabilize Ramana's health.  Our sojourn on Thain was an interesting one, and enlightening as to planar mechanics, but I am gratified to be back in my natural habitat.

Dae, looking about alertly, merely nods in shock at first.  But after a moment, collects herself and then telepathically replies to her ethereal companion.

This will be an entirely unexpected surprise for Mir, as well.  But hopefully eventually a joyful one, for she has desperately missed Crideas over these past years.  You should go directly to Crideas' manor and manifest her there.  I hope also that being here again will improve her health -- and her emotional state.

A few hours later, Ramana wakes up in a luxurious silky bed.  She glances around foggily, and wonders what has befallen her now.  She sees Dae sitting next to the bed, watching her with great concern written over the panther's face.

Kitty, where are we?

The panther telepathically replies.

Mir, we are in Master Crideas' house on Aenea, again.

Ramana sits up with a start.  She glances around quickly, confirming that this is indeed the bedroom of her beloved.  The sudden movement has made her woozy and faint, so she plops down again.  But she vocalizes her hope and sends a mental cry out telepathically to touch Crideas' mind wherever he might be, and breaks into tears.

Crideas, my love, I am here again!  Crideas, my love, I am home!

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down