Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D:

4 posters

Go down

Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D: Empty Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D:

Post by Anonymoogle Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi there. I stopped playing a while back because of the abrupt death of my gaming computer, and having basically given up on gaming for a while to sort out some life stuff.

And now that I'm back, I wanted to pick up NWN again and see how things were.

AAAAAAAAAND the first two things I run into are that GameSpy no longer lists the PW servers in the game itself, and more importantly, THE ORIGINAL NWN VAULT IS GONE. D:

I've managed to run damage control and get back some of the content mods from Nexus and Rolo's new vault, but there's one I can't find as an override and its making me crazy.
Its the old CRAP Kobold Reskin, I loved using the new textures in the actual core campaigns, and I wanted to actually go through the main game at long last as a Kobold character (I never actually did the original campaign of NWN, i started with SOU when I picked up the game off GoG), since kobolds tend towards my favorite D&D race in general.

Can anyone here do me a HUGE favor and send me the override for the CRAP Kobold skins? If you can, I'll pm you my email.

Now to figure out getting CEP reinstalled and popping back into Aenea...
Anonymoogle
Anonymoogle
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 26
Main Character : Kaerizaki, Monk of the Sylvan Styles
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D: Empty Re: Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D:

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 am

Welcome back!

I'll look for the kobold reskin and migrate it to the new Vault tonight or tomorrow.

CEP 2.4 should be pretty straight forward to download and install. Aenea now also used Project Q, so you'll want to download that as well (and then run the Q updater to get all the content...I recommend starting before going to bed on that one).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D: Empty Re: Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D:

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Now available again: C.R.A.P. Koblold Reskins
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalandra Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Ahoy!

Just want to say hello - I'm back after a "brief" five year absence. Some days ago, the old D&D/NWN addiction came back, and there I am. But Aenea has changed! It seems it grew from beautiful to even more beautiful.

My old characters were a bit messed up, so I started a new character - Elior von Horat, a Rogue/Death Cleric. I'll post a new bio in the next few days. Send me a tell if you want to go for a goblin hunt or something!
Kalandra
Kalandra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 31
Main Character : Kalandra von Horat
NWN Username : evil-wizard
. : Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D: Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Welcome back!

And let us know how the old characters are messed up.  If it's something that can be fixed by DM, I'll be happy to get you sorted out if I see you online.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:38 pm

And oh... did you try using the two anvils in the astral conjunction?  Those two anvils are for updating characters, the other for updating items.  If you haven't already, try using those, and see if the problems you have still persist or not.

And if some of the problems are icon problems on any voucher items you have, or new wonky looking appearances on weapon type items, those may take some fixing by the big purple one.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalandra Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 am

Damn... this PW is still great. Have been exploring the place for the past two days, and slowly, memory is coming back.

The characters all got reset to level 1 and lost all their equipment. My old primary toon ("Khalandra von Horat") was displayed as Wizard 23, Rogue 1 in the login screen, but when I logged in, she was a level 3 Wizard again. Interestingly, she got a set of wings, which at least I don't remember he having.
Don't know if the delevelling can be fixed (of if it even is supposed to be fixed). I tried to delete all but "Khalandra von Horat" by retiring them, but apparently, that only blocks the charakter and doesn't delete it.
Kalandra
Kalandra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 31
Main Character : Kalandra von Horat
NWN Username : evil-wizard
. : Hello, Hiho, and oh god what happened to NWN in the past two years? D: Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down