Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tempest's Rolling Thunder

2 posters

Go down

Tempest's Rolling Thunder Empty Tempest's Rolling Thunder

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:23 pm

This one doesn't drop invisibility/greater sanctuary when it damages enemies.

Beholder anti-magic doesn't end the spell.

Also noticed that this spell can "stack".  Haste up, and then string several RT casts in a row, and whatever comes near you will get nailed for a lot of damage. upwards of 300+ per round (40th level epic evoker with empower+maximizer staff for half the casts, just maximzed on the other half, at least 2 castings at the full damage, 2 at the next highest reduced damage, 2 at the level below that, ect).

This can be rather OP... on the scale of I cleared out the heart of darkness with only 20 casts of that spell, two barriers, and a couple uses of transference (to get back behind the wall after I lured baddies towards my barriers).  The same could not be done with ice-storm, greater missile storm, or other spells around the same level which the baddies had no resistances against.

Perhaps should be tweaked to "replace" the current effect as many other duration based "self target" spells?  That would make rolling thunder consistent with other spells, and not as overpowered as it currently is, but still useful for dishing out damage.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Tempest's Rolling Thunder Empty Re: Tempest's Rolling Thunder

Post by Angel of Death Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Lesser Healing Ray does not end invisibility spell either after healing/damaging a target.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down