Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. ..

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. .. Empty Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. ..

Post by RustyDios Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I noticed that control of the ACP v4 styles are done by the crafting menu.. this menu starts a conversation with oneself.. Much the same way that the green PC crystal does... how about adding a few more nodes to that crafting menu.. "Aenea Player Guide(inc VC Chat System Pointers)", "Ioun Stone Management", "How to use PIES", ... ... just to think of a few .. ... this menu is given to ALL players isn't it? ... ... saves that extra crystal in the inventory, removes another resource, is accesable to everyone...

... With a little The Amethyst Dragon manipulation of the Icon to something more "PC Options" orientated ...add in an edit to the tlk to change "Crafting Menu" (mouse-over on the radial) to something else as well .. and a little more manipulation of the dialogue (the opening statement from "Craft Menu" to "Your Options" .. )...

... Then a pop-up / combat-log message everytime ye walk through the conjunction / Sleeping Dragon to remind you (old and new players) to check this amazing abuse of that radial... ... ...

.... something to think about...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. .. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. .. Empty Re: Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. ..

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 pm

The ACP v4 styles will be controlled in Aenea via the VC system, once I activate it (the 1 new script for it is about 99% done).

Using the crafting radial to replace and expand upon the green crystal...nice idea. Something I'll have to ponder (update tlk file, change radial icon, change conversation file...).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. .. Empty Re: Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. ..

Post by daveyeisley Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Indeed, Rusty. That is a really good idea for efficiency.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Upgrading the Crafting Menu .. .. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu May 21, 2009 2:12 pm

I've opted to not put all of the green info crystal functions into the crafting menu conversation.

Having the crystal takes up minimal inventory space and gets new players' attention right away. Placing it into the craft menu would only show if/when they use the radial menus.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down