Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrading my clothes

3 posters

Go down

Upgrading my clothes Empty Upgrading my clothes

Post by Belarric Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:10 am

Im sure this has already been answered somewhere but I couldnt find anything.
I used my tokens in game to upgrade Raidens robes (100 + 140)
I added 5AC / +1 soak 15 / 10/- immunes to all elements / regen +1 / immune to death magic and immune to lvl/ability drain.

Then I travelled the world and realised I had wasted my tokens on basic upgrade items.
I have brought the token in green dragon to reset my robes and also have another 170 to add (= 240 + 170)

Question to you masters.
If I re-add these using the dwarf upgrades what would help my monk and is it worth making more than 1 item seeing as how you can only save one item when ascending?

ALL advice appreciated
Belarric
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 157
Main Character : Raiden - A warrior monk searches for knowledge in the arts of war
Other Character : Darrius - Shadow Child
Other Character. : Wolfe - A dragon tainted barbarian from the high mountains
Time Zone : GMT + 12:00
. : Upgrading my clothes Forum_donor
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Upgrading my clothes Empty Re: Upgrading my clothes

Post by RustyDios Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 am

Personally I now try to opt for the one item (combined totals) per PC, so that you can save it post re-incarnation and ascension. You can have multiple items but this usually results in getting a DM to hold your custom voucher items whilst you do either of those two things or else they are lost.

I've also found the best item type to make is a ring. You can wear two. You will always have your custom item equipped and can use the other ring slot to swap in any of Aenea's rings that you may want to use.

As noted all of the above can be in-game with Dwarf Upgrades, so you really want to use your custom voucher for things you can't get. Cast Spell: XXX (Mass Haste, Healing Circle, Word of Recall, Teleport/Summon Ally/Magehound/ Transference) is a really good choice here, using your favourite spells. You want to pick something that also compliments any weak areas on your PC. This may be DR, Elemental Immunities or Status Immunities.

Just ensure all your chosen properties conform to the FAQ.

For a pure monk see how much a +5Dex/ +5Wis item will cost, your'll likely get better AC (and attacks) from this then +5AC.... Also don't forget at lv20+ a monk has an innate DR of 20/+1 from Perfect Self, SR of level+10, Immune to poison and disease and immunity to mind-affects.... ... out of the above selection that you had previously look at the in-game lists and decide if there is any you wouldn't want to collect and wait for and add those too.... .. 240+170 = 410k to play with is no small sum and should net you a rather sweet item...

Hope that was helpful Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

My favorite properties for custom items on non-casters are usually damage immunities for armor, and bonus magical/divine/positive damage for weapons or gloves. For casters I like both bonus spell slots and damage immunities.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down