Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Zolaras' Gift Suggestion

2 posters

Go down

Not Used: Zolaras' Gift Suggestion Empty Not Used: Zolaras' Gift Suggestion

Post by msterswrdsmn Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:19 pm

As it is right now, Zolaras' gift will immedietly teleport you back to wherever it was you died. This can cause problems, though, as this goes hand-in-hand with transporting you smack onto whatever it was that killed you. Theres no way to avoid getting your unbuffed, unprepared behind from getting sent straight back to the death area either, as I recall hearing that when you use the gift or transition from the Great Hall, all buffs are stripped.

So, suggestion! When you use Zolaras' gift, it casts a low-level Greater Sanctuary or invisiblity spell on you. This prevents the creature from seeing or targeting you. As it is right now, Zolaras' gift seems...well, not much better than respawning, if you happend to die right on top of a spawn point. Worse actually, as you'll loose more xp from dying twice than dying once and respawning

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed title and item name.)
msterswrdsmn
msterswrdsmn
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 103
Main Character : Sei
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Zolaras' Gift Suggestion Empty Re: Not Used: Zolaras' Gift Suggestion

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Each zolaras' gift is basically just a raise dead spell you use on yourself. It works exactly the same way, but does give 2 rounds of invulnerability (usually just long enough to drink 1 potion).

It does have the drawback of working just like raise dead cast by a party member...it brings you back right where you died at 1 hitpoint, restoring 75% of the xp you lost when you died.

Edited to add: Also, if going solo, you might want to wait a bit over 60 seconds after dying before using the gift. Smile It could make things easier on you.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msterswrdsmn Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Very Happy Nothing can help me when I'm soloing. I'm too dang curious. I used about 2-3 gifts in a 5 minute time period just now.
"Well, okay, THAT spell didn't work, but this might...."
*deaded*
"Okay, so it has xxxx ab....this this and this should counter it..."
*drops it to near death before being killed*
"Okay, one more time..."
*cough*

And sorry about a redundant suggestion. I thought that rapid-hp drop-stopping-at-one was me getting smacked up and getting lucky @_@
msterswrdsmn
msterswrdsmn
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 103
Main Character : Sei
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down