Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 More wee questions....

Go down

2 More wee questions.... Empty 2 More wee questions....

Post by Diemex Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 pm

1. I know this is hardcore DnD rule set... but does a level 3 rogue still only get 10 EXP per kobold/orc/skeleton/rat kill ? Been a good many years since I played PnP but I dont think I'd have to kill 1000 kobolds to get from Lvl 3 to Lvl 4 back in the day lol. Then again back then exp was largely based on quest rewards... and not kills.

2. Tensors Floating Disc. What an awesome thing to see... I sure missed that ol disc from way back when. I'm wondering about the scroll in the shop though. Its description is 1 hr per caster level... but the scrolls inate level is 1. So really the duration is 1 hour regardless as the NwN engine uses the inate scroll level for these things regardless of the level of the char reading it. Does this server use some script or engine hack so that the disc really does last by caster (readers level?). My rogue is level 3 and I read a scroll in town to see the disc in action.... but I didnt even make it to the cave before the disc expired.

Nice to see a hardcore server that really tries to bring back the old PnP feel. Will take some getting used to though. Smile
Anonymous
Diemex

Back to top Go down

2 More wee questions.... Empty Re: 2 More wee questions....

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Scrolls are almost always based on the lowest possible caster level. For the spell to last longer, you'd need to be a wizard and add it to your spellbook (or a sorcerer and take it as a known spell at level-up).

They're the same way in PnP D&D.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diemex Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Ha thats right !

I knew there was a reason we always dragged around that squishy mage in our party...... well that and fireball. And sometimes that could be a disaster..... like when he tried to fire one off in a small 20x20 room...
Anonymous
Diemex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down