Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS*

3 posters

Go down

Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS* Empty Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS*

Post by Elhanan Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:40 pm

I got this quest early on in the game, and just completed it today. However, the poor Hin did not make it, and after all that training, tracking, and treking, Aargyle feels like a bit of a failure.

It was a harsh trip thru the ice and snow, but Aargyle was well prepared. He had his new hammer, protection from the elements, and plenty of healing gear. Finding the prison was difficult, but all seemed well enough for the rescue.

He thought it best to remove the Frost trolls and Iron Golems as they had AoE attacks which could have placed the prisoner at greater risk. And the silly kidnapper decided to close and met Skullcracker head on. Still, when the Dwarf approached the prison bars, he saw the floating crytals blast the cage with cold and attempted to take one out with Sound Bursts, but to no avail. The prisoner gave up his amulet and a dying declaration to the saddened Dwarf.

Facing the sister with failure was even worse.

Is there a way to free him? I had planned to use Word of Recall to get him back to the Vale if need be. Or is this quest supposed to be only a tragic ending?
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. : Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS* Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS* Empty Re: Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS*

Post by RayvenNightkind Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:55 pm

As far as I know that would be as intended. Crying or Very sad
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS* Empty Re: Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS*

Post by daveyeisley Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Yes, it is a tragic ending. As much as I can identify with your sentiments above, and *really* wanted to save him.... from a certain point of view, it is more realistic that not every quest can be a complete success.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Save the Conflagral Priest Quest *SPOILERS* Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down