Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascension Bugs (merged threads)

+10
Lasombra
Alundaio
Grey_Stooge
evilkittenofdoom
Svair
MannyJabrielle
RustyDios
daveyeisley
The Amethyst Dragon
RayvenNightkind
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ascension Bugs (merged threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ascension Bugs (merged threads)

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue May 11, 2010 1:49 pm

I wonder if somehow using the relevel scales now messes up whatever applies the leveled SR to make it not work properly or be removed by beholder AM ray or something....
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Ascension Bugs (merged threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ascension Bugs (merged threads)

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I relevelled Aurora again, this time I moved out of the chamber before levelling up. Went into beholders... 5 less touch AC than Axel (no +5 dodge on boots, didn't fire up divine shield)... two a hit here or there, but otherwise was back to how she was prior... not really taking much damage.

So yeah... it's something about the chamber. Rusty had a similar situation with his mystara cleric not getting her spell immunities while levelling up in the chamber, but would get them back with taking levels outside the chamber.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

I think it has something to do with the way the chamber isn't "part of the world"... certain scripts and things just don't seem to get applied on-level-up whilst "in there" .... .... maybe this is happening with ascended SR too ?....

((And yes I'll confirm my Mystara cleric re-leved in the chamber and lost all her Mystara Clergy Immunities, then re-leved outside the chamber and got them back... ))... the chamber does seem to have issues...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Ascension Bugs (merged threads) - Page 2 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek Tue May 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Out of curiosity... Is the SR reported on the character sheet correct in all these cases?
eeriegeek
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue May 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes. The character sheet is notorious for lying though.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue May 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Agree. Char sheet shows correct SR total, but PC gets obliterated.

Question about ascended SR... How many levels need to be taken outside the relevel chamber for it to work right? Also manny, do you recall the last time you helped me fix gabes spells? Didn't we do that outside the chamber?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm guessing all of them. When I did the relevel on Aurora, I took all of them outside. When I last releveleled Auger, I did the last two outside, but the rest in, he still gets blasted easily. Also, when I used auger's first set of scales, he wasn't at 40th yet, and levelling up after that, he was getting blasted.

That's in contrast though to what I remember with Rusty's situation in that he took his last mystara cleric level outside and got all the immunities back (correct me if I'm wrong on that Rusty).
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 am

Dave, next time you check out beholders with Gabe or Crid, check to see if any of your items give SR on their own.

And apparently I was wrong about the relevelling outa chamber fixing it. Must have had one hell of a lucky run before, because now she's getting obliterated like crazy still. This is extremely frustrating
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Well... as Dungeon Master Mythg I just had an issue with Velvet Stormcaller.

Velvet had lost not only her winged subrace, but also her full ascended SR.

Thankfully she still had her wings, and the +2 dex had been LETO'd in... so all she was missing from the subrace was the 'Winged Elf' name on the character sheet (it just said Elf) and her movement speed bonus.

Her character sheet was showing 'Ascended Elf', and she was level 40. Yet, her SR was showing as only 24.
She had an amulet that granted 16 SR which she removed... and it still showed 24. I could find no other source of SR to explain that value of 24.

I ended up using the DM console command to set the SR to the proper value of 40, and she put her amulet back on... and whooped the snot out of a full spawn of beholders without taking a scratch.

I am now wondering... if maybe... when she was levelling up with that amulet giving her 16 SR... if somehow... the script that increments the SR upon levelup for reincarnated/ascended PCs was seeing that she had 16 SR already, and not adding anything to the variable.... (the amulet would have overridden any SR under 16 anyhow). This would explain why it seemed her 'natural ascended' SR was 16 points below what it should have been... but thats a total conjecture.

This still leaves the issue of ascended PCs who are showing 40 SR in the character sheet, but getting blasted by beholders when they should not be. It may be worthwhile to attempt using the console command on them, to see if it fixes the issue.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Just tested with Gabriel again.

He was showing 40 SR in the character sheet, just like Velvet.

He walked into a spawn, and got pummelled. Velvet wasnt getting touched.

I had Dungeon Master Varil take Gabe's Sr down to 1 using the console command. Verified it on character sheet. Tried beholders again... pretty much same outcome as when Gabe had 40 SR.

Stripped Gabe naked. Same result. Dungeon Master Varil raised SR back to 40. Same result.

It really looks like the scripts for those eyebeams are not working properly when it comes to the SR check. For some reason they are not consistent. Two PCs both have 40 SR... and those gas bags should not be able to punch through that (except for the elder). And yet... one PC is fine... while the other gets hammered.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:34 am

Well, I have a report on SR as reported on the character sheet for Lyann, Velvet and Skywatcher.

All three are 40th Ascended, Lyann and Velvet have subclasses (vampire and winged elf respectively). Skywatcher is Human.

Skywatcher has no items which give SR, and hers reports as 40, and acts like 40, she hasn't been touched by a beholder in forever.

Lyann uses the mage tower shield which gives her SR of 24. Her SR reports as 24 with shield, and 16 without shield. If the beholders make their double save, they sometimes toast her.

Velvet has an amulet with 16 SR, and hers reports as 24 with or without the amulet. She normally walks through the beholders without taking much if any damage, maybe one in 20 spawns of 8 she gets stoned.

Not sure if it is connected, but Lyann is no longer a vampire and Velvet doesn't list as winged, though she has her dex bonus and can still fly, and seems to have the movement bonus. Lyann however is usually not a vampire, though sometimes she still seems to be. I never know weather to heal with Heal potion or dragon blood!

Hope this helps determine root cause.
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Skywatcher wrote:
Lyann uses the mage tower shield which gives her SR of 24. Her SR reports as 24 with shield, and 16 without shield. If the beholders make their double save, they sometimes toast her.

Velvet has an amulet with 16 SR, and hers reports as 24 with or without the amulet. She normally walks through the beholders without taking much if any damage, maybe one in 20 spawns of 8 she gets stoned.

With Lyann, we will have to get together and apply the console command to set the SR to 40 as it should be and see if that helps.

With Velvet, are you saying her SR went back down to 24 after I manually set it to 40?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Fraid so Dave, I was going to tell you next time I saw you online, Velvet went back to 24 next server reset. I wonder if we set it back to 40 and completely dumped the SR amulet it would make a difference?
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Dave, further information for our testing. Since we did the new amulet for Velvet and got rid of the one with the SR, her SR has been 40 (as it should be) for the last three server resets.

Lyann, who still has the 24 SR shield, still comes back at 16. I have UN-equipped her shield, and if she comes in at 40 after the next server reset, we will have isolated the root cause to being an equipped item that provides SR being the culprit!

The TRULY good news is that she is a vampire again! Thanks The Amethyst Dragon for all the things you do!
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Well, if the ascended SR is set at the 1st log on after a reset, that would explain your issue. As for me and Manny getting bombed in the beholder tunnels, that is still a conundrum... but I think we are on the right track with blaming one or more of the eyebeams.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 am

Server reset last night, Lyann with shield unequipped came in with SR 40.So that part is confirmed anyway.
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 pm

The Amethyst Dragon, a thought about why the gift feats aren't working. I can't remember where, but I remember reading a note about custom activation feats -not- working unless they were granted via the class feats (rather than just a feat applied right to the character). That only applies to feats that can be activated via the quickslots, ect.

That might be why the gift feats aren't working while the farstep teleport feat works fine?

Maybe do a test in a copy of the build module where the the feats are added to the base classes' feat radials... if they work there, then have it be something automatically added to the base classes's feat lists like the player-tool feats are.... just that they won't actually fire off the gift's scripts unless one has the reincarated/ascended feats as well.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:

Maybe do a test in a copy of the build module where the the feats are added to the base classes' feat radials... if they work there, then have it be something automatically added to the base classes's feat lists like the player-tool feats are.... just that they won't actually fire off the gift's scripts unless one has the reincarated/ascended feats as well.

That sounds like a good idea...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks for the input. I'll try that out, since I'm planning for a small hak update soon (to add a couple of weapon models and fix the ambientmusic.2da issue).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Small update on this one....

I noticed that my beasty-orc's mental purity circlet (sr 10) now doesn't completely override his SR (ie, doesn't set it to 10). But it does subtract... his 40 SR goes down to 30.

Another player noted that SR items are doing subtraction now for them as well.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha5442a Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm having the SR issue with Vistaran as well. It used to be I could clear the caves entirely with maybe 1 or 2 heals, Now I can't get through one group without needing a heal or even 2. From what I remember, this started when he hit lv 37 (about a week ago) and he is now lv 40. He hasn't taken the plunge yet so that is likely not what is causing these issues.

Also, he only has 1 item that has any SR on it (robe of the archmagi, SR 10). But he has not removed it since he first got it at about lv 15-20.
buddha5442a
buddha5442a
Player with Too Much Time

Male Number of posts : 99
Main Character : Vistaran Tul'Motek
Other Character : Arianna Winnstrom
NWN Username : buddha5442
Time Zone : EST (GMT -5:00)
Registration date : 2010-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Does he have any subrace SR? Or just monk SR?
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha5442a Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Only Monk which is at 30 (That's SR not monk lv).
buddha5442a
buddha5442a

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm

What does your SR on your character sheet read?
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha5442a Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 am

SR on sheet is 30 (as it should be with 20 monk levels).
buddha5442a
buddha5442a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 am

buddha5442a wrote:SR on sheet is 30 (as it should be with 20 monk levels).

If you have 20 monk levels, shouldn't your SR actually be 32?
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha5442a Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Nope. It's monk lv +10
buddha5442a
buddha5442a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh, right; you first get SR at monk lv 12. I've been over-worked and under D&Ded, at least I knew there was a 12 in there somewhere Razz
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 am

Ok, so most of the issues have indeed been fixed - YAY! cheers

The ascended fire/cold resist still is not working.

The Gift of Flight is working nicely!!! Smile Smile

So it looks like the Gift of Time and the Gift of Travel, plus the resistances are all that is left?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

So I did some more testing with Crid.... made sure he had no items that grant SR equipped before the last reset. When I logged back in, after the reset, I double checked this.

His SR showed as 40, which is right.

I rested, and then took him down to get pelted by a beholder.

One beholder only. Every round without fail, for like 5 minutes, he resisted all the eyebeams, except one. The beam that inflicts magical damage. Never once was he able to resist it.

One of three things is happening here:

1. That eyebeam is not checking SR at all.

2. The SR check is broken, and not stopping the effect of the eyebeam when the check fails (and no feedback is given).

3. The caster level of that eyebeam is set to be equal to or greater than 40.

Any way you slice it, the darn thing needs to be fixed.

daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2