Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Aenea Map

5 posters

Go down

The World of Aenea Map Empty The World of Aenea Map

Post by Numen Ignatius Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:18 pm

I have started building a map of Aenea for my personal use, and over time, I'm going to expand the map.

The work is currently in progress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The World Map, linked here for convenience] The Aenea World Map
[Nektaria, still in-progress] https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/15/49/94/95/the_wo17.jpg
[Sylvan Realm, in-progress] https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/15/49/94/95/the_wo10.png
[Shieldlands, in-progress] https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/15/49/94/95/the_wo11.png
[Macedonia, added] https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/15/49/94/95/the_wo12.png
[Zentinia, added] https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/15/49/94/95/the_wo13.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the glitches and blemishes for now. I'll fix them as the project moves forward.

I could post the original GIMP image files used to create the map as well, but I don't see "host file" feature here.
(so I've decided to post the GIMP image files at the end of the project on NWN Vault.)

I'm beginning to realize it takes about an hour to add 5 areas. Exploring and taking snapshots of areas take about 15-20 min for 5 areas,
but it takes time to process them and lay them out properly. So, the current moving rate is about 5 areas per day.

Update Log:

2010/08/06: A concept test of "Aenea Mapping Project" posted on the Aenea forum, given a green light. Added 13 regions in Nektaria initially.

2010/08/07: While I'm at it, I've decided to have some fun, so I added map legend to the map using GIMP custom-brushes. Using layers, it's a breeze to add, subtract, and modify legends. It seems a 30-minutes session can yield about 15 to 20 areas with all the cartographic tools in place. Added 5 more areas.

2010/08/09: Nektaria almost complete (or is it?). Sylvan Realm and Shieldlands newly added. Discovering some fun areas now!

2010/08/22: Back to mapping. Insane projects going on in RL, hard to find the time for Aenea. Nektaria still in progress: the region is larger than I thought it would be--the map is getting so big, I can't get it under 1Mbyte, the max file size limit for an image! Macedonia and Zentinia newly added. Once Nektaria is done, I'll focus on Macedonia and Zentinia first: I want to take care of the eastern end of Aenea first. Smile

Last edited by Numen Ignatius on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 am; edited 14 times in total
Numen Ignatius
Numen Ignatius
Commoner
Commoner

Male Number of posts : 6
Main Character : Numen Ignatius, the pure wizard. One and only, and ever will.
NWN Username : NumenIgnatius
Time Zone : Eastern Time (US & Canada), GMT-05:00
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

The World of Aenea Map Empty Re: The World of Aenea Map

Post by Alundaio Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Under Aenean Lore/ Places you'll find some already made maps. Not quite like the one you posted though. It looks like it would be quite a lot of work to do one like that with 555 areas. Smile

It would however be really nice to see a huge map with all the bird's eye areas like that.
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
. : The World of Aenea Map Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah you want this topic forum here

A few maps like yours have been compiled already by Amaerillie (eeriegeek) and a full area-by-area overland map by myself (RustyDios)....

depending on the details and the level you want to go to, there are around 550+ areas of Aenea, including shops/taverns/caves and dungeons, as well as all major overland routes....

My map is a very basic area-by-area guide, Ama's maps are a skyeye view of the actual landscape (taken by an unlocked camera)...

I quite like your take on it by using the minimap images with appropriate mappins ..... .... but I think you should explore each area fully, edge to edge, to get a full minimap image.. for your style you will find that flight/transference/beld's book are extremely useful properties to have....

Good work and keep it up !!!

Welcome to the Aenean Cartography Guild™️ ....... ..... Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Nice job Smile

There is a 'host file' button on these forums:

The World of Aenea Map Hostfi10

Hope to see more soon!
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Moved to Lore > Places...
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon