Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Two "Drow" item suggestions

2 posters

Go down

Partially Used: Two "Drow" item suggestions Empty Partially Used: Two "Drow" item suggestions

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:06 pm

1) Apparently, the sun-eats-your-drow-stuff script works off the item's NAME, not tag or resref.... I found this out the hard way when I renamed my regular elven chain (which never poofed in the sun) to "Drow Murderess' stolen elven chain mail".... it went poof right after I named it that. So.... to save rename-item happy PCs who happen to be drow... could this be changed to work off the TAG?

I don't think there would be too many players with drow PCs who'd rename their gear to something with "Drow" in the name... but for those that do, it would save them a lot of grief. Even those PCs who have something like a nice shiney "Drow Killing Sword".... would suck for that to go poof on them because they didn't know by chance that "Drow" in the item's name makes it burn in the sun.

2) And... I love the concept of the "cooked rust monster saliva". Could we get something similar for drow gear? Sunscreen for the equipment?
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Two "Drow" item suggestions Empty Re: Partially Used: Two "Drow" item suggestions

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:19 pm

1) Yes. Changed for next module update.

2) Nope. That's what a cloak of shadows is for.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com