Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legitimate Character?

+2
Svair
sevenar
6 posters

Go down

Legitimate Character? Empty Legitimate Character?

Post by sevenar Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:29 pm

As a follow up between the Golem post in the Suggestion thread and the Character Advancement Discussion in the General section, I have a question...

So there was a challenge set forth to level a pure caster to level 40 in 38 hours as a Demon Spawn subrace. (I've opted to try it with or without the 50 BoM incentive that... Kefrem? offered to Manny)

I've chosen a wizard because I dislike the limited spellbook of sorcerers. I created the character as a golem made by Sevenar - an accomplished Magi, but not quite level 40 yet. I'm not entirely sure what type of golem I had in mind, but seeing as it is going to be a 40th level wizard... well spellcasting is going to be a must.

I'm wondering if this is a kosher character to play as pertains to the world as a whole. Sevenar does not have money issues, but he certainly doesn't have the 250 billion to make a Nimblewright (which this may be? not sure)

Since it wouldn't be benefitting Sevenar in any way is this legit? I'd like to know soon before I get her to a higher level and have to start over.

Questions/Comments/Opinions. Ready.... GO!
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 112
Main Character : Sevenar
Other Character : Orson Cardoc
Other Character. : Father Tuck Frost
Other Character.. : Ender ShadowWeave
NWN Username : Miinstrel
Time Zone : Pacific (GMT - 8:00)
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.RLTacapella.com

Back to top Go down

Legitimate Character? Empty Re: Legitimate Character?

Post by Svair Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm not sure I'm following you. You've created a character (using a base or Aenea race), and you are role-playing the PC as a Golem? I'm not a DM, but I can't see how this is an illegitimate [i]concept[i/], and would even RP with your PC as it was what you say it is.

I don't think that having one PC be related to another of your PCs would be a problem.

Or is it that you want to share Sevenar's resources with the new PC? I can see how that might run afoul of what The Amethyst Dragon has asked of us. If you're attempting to meet the 38 (76?) hr challenge, I think it cheapens the intent of the challenge itself somewhat.

Or am I not understanding something? I can be pretty dense at times...
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Legitimate Character? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Role-playing a thinking golem? Why not? There aren't any game mechanical advantages, but makes for a good story.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenar Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Not intending on sharing resources on the way to level 40, i agree that would lessen the accomplishment.

Just wanted to check since there was some debate about summonable golems for a PC to have. I didn't think this would be a problem but wanted to check just in case Razz
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:01 pm

I dont see an issue, sounds like a cool concept Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 pm

I agree, it does sound like a worthy story undertaking. Certainly no issues with it - your PC is what your PC is (I think that Svair said that, more or less). It is def. a creative way to view one's PC, a nice fresh change from the ordinary (mine included!). You have everyone's blessings - The Amethyst Dragon, Dungeon Master Mythg and Dungeon Mistress Ana [not sure about Dungeon Master Varil, haven't seen him in awhile], so go for it!

And it was I who offered the 50 BoM to MannyJabrielle ... how 'bout it, sevenar ... ya feelin' lucky, punk? Wink
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm

In relation to having one of your PC's related to another... I think that's okay as long as you don't share resources... All three of PC's have a relationship to one another..... Jay and Shouri Braysin are brother and sister... If I ever get into the mood to RP them (and I do sometimes, ask Manny about a whole session just sat in thier house with Jay's backstory -- I'll get it into the PC Bio's one day)... you'll discover Jay has some weird memory loss problems with his history and Shouri is in Aenea trying to find him ((an impossible task in reality- they can never cross paths))... they now know of each other's excistence as Shouri came across Jay's house and each has heard word of the other through other PC's... I even went so far as to saving for an extra house for Shouri and requesting that The Amethyst Dragon put in place a merged re-designed house for them to share.... but only after she got the book for her own house........ my third PC is a drow sharing the lodgings that the Braysins have open to any Nightraces, kind of on the run from her past - as an aprentice wizardess mishap, developing new mind control spells she destroyed the memories of an innocent young man and has since tried to find him to correct the mistake .... ...
.... The way I see it as long as you get no real advantages, it's your PC.. RP it/him/her as you see fit.... and sure Sev is a high-end arcane wielder, why should he not have a wayward golem possibly trying to find its Master (or similar story)?,, hell Crdieas Bane has a sanctum on the moon...!!....

It looks as though you have the full support of The Amethyst Dragon and the DM's (Eric & Dave - has anyone seen/heard from Kerrick/ Kalira / DM Varillor recently??).... I'll look foward to coming across this PC in game... Smile

Good Concept - ever been down to Ando's Automatums Basement ??, thier's Golums running amok there and I see no sign of Ando (maybe he is the dead corpse in the entrance)...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenar Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 pm

ahh i forgot about that place. i wandered in there when sevenar was just a novice and got creamed, might have to check it out again? i think yes...

and as far as having your characters all knowing each other i've done the same thing with mine. Sevenar is the focus of everything. An extremely gifted individual that (unfortunately for some) turned to the darker side with a lust for power and knowledge... can you say lich in the making? Anyway, as a child he was raised by a priest and when said priest (Father Tuck Frost, another of my characters) discovered his penchant for the arcane, he sent him to be apprenticed to the local magi.

He accidentally summoned a demon one day when he was an apprentice and then slew his mentor and the demon with a spell he didn't quite understand but cast anyway.

Well his mentor was the grandfather of Orson Cardoc who heard that Sevenar travelled to this land and is here searching for him to exact vengeance for the murder of his kinman.

The tales of Sevenar's fall into darkness also reached the ears of Father Tuck who came in the hopes of finding Sev and redeeming his soul.

I'm quite enjoying the little drama I've put together with these guys. I would like to get more members in the cast, but I think I have my hands full with these 4 for now.

Thanks for the support on the golem concept, look forward to meeting some of you folks in game with my emotionless behemoth
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down