Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Resting system

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: Resting system Empty Not Used: Resting system

Post by Grooiam Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:38 am

I had an idea for your resting system, currently certain foods give minor bonuses and some even give a decrease to abilities through poison or whatever.
On some servers there are systems where you need to actually cook the raw meat before you can eat it, using an oil flask, common standard item in game.
Right click the flask and click on the ground and a camp fire is made, right click a piece of raw meat and click on the camp fire and you get a food ration.
My suggestion is an entire recipe based system which requires actual knowledge of recipes for stews, full meals using all the vegetables and meats etc we find,
carrying around stewing pots and frying pans. Players can suggest ideas for meals, full meals could have better effects.
An example:- A stew made of 1 fish(good for the mind), 3 carrots(apparently good for eyesight) and some other vegetables, potato, onion etc could give temp true seeing
for a certain amount of time.
Further you could have party meals, meals big enough to feed all members of the party, all members of the party must be present and ready to rest when the designated
cook is ready to make the meal.
Example:- A party of 4 would need 3 or 4 fish, 9-10 carrots etc to make the same stew for the whole party.
Players would need to memorize recipes or write them thier journals.

That's my suggestion.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Grooiam
Grooiam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 11
Time Zone : GMT+10:00
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Resting system Empty Re: Not Used: Resting system

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:44 am

Carrots don't have any positive properties for eyes though, that was a rumor the britains made during WW1 to trick their enemies into thinking their pilots were given a regimented diet of carrots while the truth was the british developed a new form of radar detection system for their aircraft.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:48 am

Btw, this is still a great idea.
There are many items in game you can only find finite amounts of.
I can't acquire chili, soup, and similar items anywhere but I can always go to a farm or town for apples, berries, carrots onions mushrooms etc. I can fish for fish and hunt for meat, but some items The Amethyst Dragon should allow players to make.
For instance Bread + Cheese could equal grilled cheese. Both those items alone due nothing when item, but the combined gives temporary hitpoints. Apples give a fortitude save, but we always make some items together to make rarer foods right? Also, it would be nice to make exotic foods too, like the elven crystal leaf tea, or maybe the pudding goblins make.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecorridors Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

This sounds quite neat, but also like it could be a rather large amount of work for The Amethyst Dragon .
inthecorridors
inthecorridors
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Female Number of posts : 237
Main Character : Miow non Fharfegtuben
Other Character : Takara Ankara Harom
Other Character. : Aella Risingstorm
NWN Username : inthecorridors
Time Zone : GMT-5
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down