Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short...

4 posters

Go down

Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short... Empty Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short...

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 am

For instance the book on the gelatinous cube is something that only a idiot or simpleton would believe and this would be from only a ten second observation or less. This would be far better to be used:

"The gelatinous cube is made of varying degrees of dense yet spongy clear material that is difficult to damage due to the amorphous nature of the creature and its unique makeup. As an ooze the material is almost entirely the same, with a slight filmy covering that can easily absorb passing prey. Objects inside this material are obviously affected by varying degrees of either acid or extreme heat so they can be easily digested. In other words its bad to touch a gelatinous cube or other oozes cause it will hurt very badly."

Next is another book called Book Binding for beginners. It could use a few sentences more. Afterall, binding books, while very easy, could use explanation. This book could be extremely detailed on bookbinding with only 4 sentences more.

Next is the orc love ballads book. This book could use a bit more detail, if you don't literally want to write anything naughty, then just leave hints that so and so song or poem is this or contains a bit of that without being descriptive. For example, the module 'Recipe for Horror' has the recipe books list various recipes and their creators, and in rare cases other things about them. For instance, their is hilarious recipes listed for elves which would explain why they are skinny and frail (the recipes obviously are both vegan and contain enough food for a mouse in most cases).

It would be nice. The only books I would leave the same would include the Mistakken Lore Books and books on history and deities.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short... Empty Re: Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short...

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 am

The trolls guts books could be extended as well.
For example you could add to what it already says:

"An excerpt of this book reads as follow for some basic ideas:
'A popular method for creating regeneration potions involves the use of troll fat, which, while nauseating, is highly effective. A less repulsive method involves the containment of ichor acquired from a troll's brain and placed in an enchanted hollow ring allowing for regeneration without negative side effects'."
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short... Empty Re: Not Used: Aenea Books seem faulty or too short...

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 am

I think with bits like the anatomy of a cube book... it's just something silly and oddball, kinda like the 'invisible' wands of invisibility you'll come across or even some other books like those by Miistak Enlore Smile They aren't so much serious RP items, but just gags the head DM pulls on players, even us assistant DMs pulls corny out of character shenanigans on players Very Happy
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Most nonmagical books are meant either as mildly interesting filler or outright humor.

Sure, I could make up a bunch of stuff to extend them, but since I haven't added a complicated system of enchanting/recipes/alchemy (with troll parts), I don't see a need to go into real detail on most.

The history ones are a bit different, but are still meant to give a brief look into the history of Aenea, rather than be even a semi-complete reading for players.

For big events that happen in the game, there's nothing saying a player couldn't write up an account of it and email/PM it to me for inclusion.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmiiHale Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:00 pm

and here i thought that wand was giving me issues...lol
AmiiHale
AmiiHale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Female Number of posts : 29
Main Character : Halie Davis
Other Character : Liana Wispit
Other Character. : Sila Harrower
NWN Username : AmiiHale
Time Zone : CST
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.myspace.com/witchnextdoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down