Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb)

4 posters

Go down

Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb) Empty Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb)

Post by Svair Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 am

I have two General feats available to me in my Barbarian build.

What I'm considering is:

Knockdown (no Imp. Knockdown though, Int to low).

Epic Skill Focus: Discipline (to resist knockdowns).

Epic Skill Focus: Intimidate (bonus to Terrifying Rage DC).

Weapon Focus (+1 To Hit).

Epic Prowess (+1 To Hit).

Armor Skin (but his AC is so low anyways, I don't know if it would significantly help).

I don't know...any thoughts? Or should I raise another ability by 2 points?
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb) Empty Re: Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb)

Post by Elhanan Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:25 am

I don't know how often Discipline is tested on this server, but ESF in some environments is a good choice.

And Epic Prowess is a must; Blind Fight another.,
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb) Empty Re: Recommend 2 General Feats (Epic Lvl Barb)

Post by Svair Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks!

Blind-Fight sounds like it might be pretty good. I just found out that True-Sight does not negate Concealment.

Not sure about Epic Prowess though, still thinking on it.

I would happily consider anyone additional input.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:15 am

Epic Prowess will always serve you better than Epic Weapon Focus, just in case you're not using your preferred weapon, and Blind-Fight is pretty handy (assuming you're fighting concealed opponents on a reasonably regular basis). Personally, though, I think I'd go for raising Con by two points; another forty hit points, another round of rage, etc.
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:10 am

You may wish to consider using the Re-Lvl Scale we get. AFAIK, there is no penalty for utilizing it, and would allow you to select non-Epic feats in pre-Epic rebuild.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Really depends on what you want to push towards.... against enemies that cant hit you when they roll a 2, the armor skin bonus is a +10% shift in your favor.... thats decent.

Epic prowess is a MUST. Any melee character who doesnt take it should be flogged Razz

Epic weapon focus is also very good. Remember your BAB is never getting past 30, and your str bonus can also only go so high.... EVERY single bonus you can gain to hit will help, whether it be against hard to hit enemies (there are TONS of ways to raise AC, not so many ways to raise AB) just to be able to deal ANY dmg, or against easy to hit enemies that you can afford to shave 5 or 10 points into power attack/imp. pwr attack for MORE dmg.

If you are a "Tank" character with ludicrous HPs who relies on outlasting your opponents, then AB is not as important (but still very important)... as you will probably have plenty of time to roll 20s Razz

If you are an anemic character who has 400hps or so.... then raising con by 2 points will get you an extra 10% hps or so... which is also very decent.

Do you want to improve a weak spot, or push the envelope on one of your strong points? I myself will always be a fan of AB for melee types... as with the right feats you can turn it into other things.... but you really cant turn those other things into AB.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 am

Doh! I forgot to say "Thank you" to those who helped me out in this thread.

Thank You!

I didn't take "Epic Prowess", and will submit to the flogging when told.

I took "Imp. Power Attack" - This lets me strike with two attacks at +52 while doing an additional +10 Damage. With 6 Attacks/Round, it's +60 Damage/Round (over regular Power Attack of +30/Round). It's not very effecting against PCs in the Arena, but very good against everything else.

The last Feat went into Con (Con: 26). An additional 40 HP, +1 round of raging, etc...

Now that the character is a 40th level multi-class Barb/Ftr/DD Ascended PC, I've come to realize that he's lost his original focus that I started with 1.5 years ago. He's still effective, just not as good as doing what my original aim was. For what little it was worth, I miss having a natural 28 Con and Mighty Rage. He just doesn't have (natural) Hit Points that reach 4-digits.

Again, thanks!
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down