Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ]

5 posters

Go down

Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ] Empty Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ]

Post by daveyeisley Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Would be cool if there was an exclusive place where casters could purchase expensive epic spell scrolls.

Usable only by epic spellcasters with the proper ranks in spellcraft, and sold for 20-30k per scroll.

Would be doubly cool if epic casters with the scribe scroll feat could scribe their own.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ] Empty Re: Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ]

Post by RustyDios Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Agreed!!!

The top-floor of Bluebeards... maybe ?...

Or even make use of the Sylvan Realm's Crystal Tower... ... you know those elves of old and thier ancient powerful (epic) magics...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ] Empty Re: Not Used: Epic Spell Scrolls [ would not work with epic spell system ]

Post by RayvenNightkind Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:43 pm

That would be really nice actually.
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:31 pm

It would be very nice indeed. Would this be open to all 9th level spellcasters?
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm

evilkittenofdoom wrote:It would be very nice indeed. Would this be open to all 9th level spellcasters?

I dont think being a 17th level wizard or 18th level sorceror should allow the use of epic spells, personally.

To gain access to them currently, the requirement is the investment of a feat, upwards of 20 ranks of spellcraft, and 21 character levels, and epic caster level in a caster class at a minimum (11 for RDD and PM, 21 for wiz and sorc).

My idea is to allow folks who meet the requirements (but maybe have decided not to dump a feat into it), to be able to purcahse the scrolls to use these spells. You need the caster levels and the spellcraft just to be able to *understand* whats written on the scrolls at all.... if you dont at leats have the epic caster level and spellcraft ranks, it makes no sense to be able to use them... and heavily cheapens the investment other folks have to make to gain access.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:00 am

I realize that, I think that I meant to ask if Druids, Clerics and Wiz/Sorc will get access to them like they could via feat
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 am

I think it would be keen if casters of all classes could create scrolls, wands, etc at their own lvl of ability or less; the min being the lvl needed to cast said spell plus one. It would be good to purchase more scrolls from players, esp those that have gone to the trouble to gain all the required feats.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down