Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons

3 posters

Go down

Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons Empty Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons

Post by Maeglin Dubh Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 am

Would it be possible to raise the limit on enchantments placed on Non-Weapon Focus weapons? Like mauls, heavy maces, katars, etc...

Allowing them to be +7, or +6, would allow them to be a viable weapon at a greater expense, while saving on a feat or two.

They would still be ineligible for Weapon Master, Improved Critical, the Dev Crit tree, and all the related goodies that go with it, but for people who don't focus exclusively on a single weapon the ability to enchant a weapon a little further might help make up for the lack of available feats.
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons Empty Re: Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons

Post by daveyeisley Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:29 am

if all it would affect was attack and damage rolls, i would be all for it.... but it will also affect things like damge reduction penetration....

I think epic weapons should be able to go above +5 anyways, however... and with enchant arms/armor and an epic caster... you should be able to hit +10 with enough BoM... on ANY weapon.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons Empty Re: Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons

Post by Maeglin Dubh Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:21 pm

What common methods of DR would be penetrated by a +6 that wouldn't be penetrated by a +5?

(Not arguing, just curious. I'm not very familiar with common magical defenses.)
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:29 pm

over +5 DR is not common.... it is exceedingly rare.... only posessed by the toughest enemies... hence my concern that the suggestion would be unbalancing if only allowed for certain weapons... as it is, there are only 5 weapons in game that can surpass +5.... 2 of those require you to be level 24 or higher to get +6, one is the weapon of propecy.... the other two require specific classes.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Partially Used: Non-Weapon Focus Weapons Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm

There's another that only requires level 11, but is selective in who the +6 is against as well.

I remember seeing somewhere on the vault a script package that added an ability to partially emulate at least the weapon focus/specializations. It wouldn't help for the WM benefits on the CEP weapons though. When having the cep weapon equipped, the character would be given a AB boost (and damage boost if emulationg WS/EWS), like how warhulks get an AB boost from channelling. I forget how exactly it was done, but I think that it added pseudo feats, and an addition to the on-equip script.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down