Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC Spells

3 posters

Go down

AC Spells Empty AC Spells

Post by Grey_Stooge Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:29 pm

What are some AC Spells someone who isn't a spell caster could get. Would it even be worth it?
Grey_Stooge
Grey_Stooge
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 238
Main Character : Bram Alley - Shadow Stalker of Beuttleria
Other Character : Bart Bryan - Beuttlerian SFS Warrior
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

AC Spells Empty Re: AC Spells

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Do you mean from items found in-game? Or from spells you may want to put onto a voucher item?

For items in-game, it's primarily potions, unless you have UMD and can use scrolls.

Mage Armor, via a potion. +4 armor AC. Generally not worth it for anyone out of the single-digit levels.

Barkskin, via potion, +3 natural AC I believe, like the mage armor potion, better off getting a +4 amulet when you meet the level requirements.

Haste, via potion of speed. +4 dodge AC. Worth it at any level. Haste also gives you one extra attack per round at your full AB.

Holy shield potion. Shield of faith cleric spell... +1 or +2 deflection AC. Not really worth it past your first level or two until you can get a ring of thickened air... not even then really as you save up the small amount of GP faster not buying the potions.

Holyguard/Baneguard potions. +2 deflection AC vs evil or good respectively. Won't show up on your character sheet. These potions are better for their mindspell immunity against said alignments anyhow.

Rod of Spheres... Shield I think 1/day. +4 deflection AC, plus immunity to the spell magic missile, lasts 5 turns. Not bad, not great either.

Now... UMDers...

Shadowshield scrolls. +5 natural AC, plus other goodies such as necromancy school immunity for the duration.

Scroll versions of all the potions mentioned above.... same effects though.

Crag's armor of Stone scrolls. +7 armor AC, but will impose a movement speed penalty if you don't have the 'freedom' property.

Glacius' Ice Armor scrolls, +5 armor AC, but will make you slightly more vulnerable to cold spells.

FLora's Plant Armor... offhand, I *think* this is +5 armor AC as well, like glacius' ice armor, but gives a fire vulnerability instead of a cold vulnerability.

Atranum's Armor of Darkness spell-tome. +7 armor AC, duration depends on your character level. Easily dispelled, but few baddies use dispells, so this is a good one if you got the classes/UMD to use it.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey_Stooge Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

I am trying to get my AC up, I have used tomes, and trying to stick one on a voucher item. I have all, the AC's Armor, natural, Dodge, deflection
Grey_Stooge
Grey_Stooge
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:15 pm

well, I can bet that because you wear gloves to help with unarmed damage that you dont have the +8 armor enhancement bonus from bracers of full plate armor..... so the best you would be doing with items is +5 armor enhancement on a robe/torso item.

Atratum's will improve that by 2 points, and will last a good while.... it looks cool, too.

You got +5 dodge AC on boots?

+5 natural armor on amulet?

Armor skin feat, dodge skill ranks, +12 wisdom enhancement (for monk wisdom AC bonus), +12 dex enhancement bonus... expertise and improved expertise, dodge feat....

other than those.... i cant think of any magic that would be of benefit unless you have the class levels to cast it.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : AC Spells Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey_Stooge Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:24 pm

could have the bracers of Full Plate and collect everything again for what my gloves do currently. This was actually just a thought. I have +5 armor enhancement on my robe, 5 to my boots, 5 to my ring, 5 on my amulet. I have armor skin, Dodge feat, expertise, i guess I will place improved expertise on my item. Thanks guys.
Grey_Stooge
Grey_Stooge
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

i dont think you can get imp. expertise on an item.... also, gloves and bracers....

while they occupy the same slot (hands), the game treats them totally different in some ways.

Gloves can hold damage properties, as the game allows them to be used as 'weapons' when the character's weapon slots are empty.

Bracers can only hold armor related properties, nothing weapon or damage related.

to improve your armor enhancement bonus, your best bet is probably atratum's spellbook... provided you have the skill points invested in UMD from your rogue levels.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : AC Spells Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Expertise isn't one of the available bonus feats that can be placed on items, in the toolset or in-game.

Besides the things Dave mentioned, also making sure your -base- tumble skill is maxed to 40 points. 40 tumble is +8 AC. You can max tumble to 40 by level 37.

Other than that... to improve your "You can't hit me" status... epic dodge and concealment go a long way to helping stay alive. Epic dodge has some stiff requirements, but a rogue/monk has the ability to gain it. Displacement can come from either the monk ability empty body, several spells, or the self-concealment feats (which are pricier than epic dodge, and require a total of 6 feats to get the full 50% concealment)

Haste potions would be the best item to get for your AC as that'll stack with whatever you got.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down