Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website

5 posters

Go down

Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website Empty Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm

This page of the main website is lacking the Creature Lore feat.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website Empty Re: Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website

Post by RustyDios Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:52 pm

That page should also have (IMO) the pre-req's for the feats, where applicable, and possibly even the full tlk entry for the feat... so new and old players can see what each new feat actually does ...

I like the general descriptions as headers, but I think more information is required ... ..
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website Empty Re: Used: Add the Creature Lore feat to Website

Post by Ramana Jala Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:55 am

I've recently been looking through the forum for info on this Aenea feat Creature Lore. Until we get an entry on the Feat page, can anyone just give some specifications for it? What it is and how it works and for which classes, and the prereqs?

Thanks!
study
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:I've recently been looking through the forum for info on this Aenea feat Creature Lore. Until we get an entry on the Feat page, can anyone just give some specifications for it? What it is and how it works and for which classes, and the prereqs?

Thanks!
study

You probably want to go --> here <--

It contains the information for all your questions. Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Actually, I should have put that link in, because that's where I had just come from before I wrote this, as that page just put up a general description of the Creature Lore feat, with a link to the Feat page where it still is not listed. What's there is not entirely explanatory:

Creature Lore
This feat is required to qualify for the Animator Prestige Class. This feat will help a character with high Lore skill to effectively strike (ie. gain an attack bonus against) whatever type of enemy the feat is used on for a limited time. In light of the difficulty in gaining attack bonuses, this feat merits heavy consideration in any melee build that may experience attack bonus troubles. The higher the Lore skill, the better the check results, and the better the check results, the better the attack bonus.
So I was looking for a bit more elaboration, like:

1) Is it a general feat available to all classes?

2) What are all the specific prereqs?

3) How high a Lore skill is really necessary and useful?

4) Is the feat chosen for only one type of creature for all time, or do you take the feat multiple times for different creatures, or is for any creatures that can be chosen from a menu IG?

5) What are the effects: What kind of attack bonus does it give? Does it give any damage bonus?

6) Is it only for melee or also for ranged?

7) Does it stack with Ranger Favored Enemy bonuses?

scratch
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 pm

1) I think its general... I think I've seen in for every build I've made...
2) Erm not sure... I think it may be Lore 10+.. but I'm not sure it has any...
3) Again not sure.. really wish MannyJabrielle was around to answer this question...
4)It works on ANY/ALL enemies, whatever one you happen to select with the feat at the time, for upto 5 minutes I think, with a 1minute "cool down" timer before it can be used again (or on a different type of enemy)...
5)refer to 3...
6) I think it applies to your PC, so should work for both.. I think it only gives an attack bonus (but I am recalling that a bad result can sometimes give a penalty too)...
7) Very possibly yes....

MannyJabrielle (one of the DM staff, that I haven't seen in a while) had some pretty extensive knowledge of this feat... check out his "bard lore" posts, he might have put something in them about it... I do know that the more lore you have the better this feat is...

RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Creature Lore
Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Lore (+2 Ranks)
Specifics:
You may attempt to remember obscure bits of lore about different types of creatures. If you remember correctly, you will find that you are able to more easily attack such creatures for a time as you take advantages of known weaknesses.

If the check is successful, you gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against beings of the same racial type as the targeted creature. This bonus can be +2 if the final check was at least 10 points higher than that needed to succeed. If the check was far below (10 or more) the roll needed to succeed, you will find that your memory was faulty and you suffer a -2 penalty to attack such beings. The effects last for 5 minutes (and another check cannot be made until 5 minutes has passed).

^Taken from the In Game Feat Description.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:31 am

Well from memory I was nearly correct... Smile

Also found this in MJ's thread about The Bard Class

MannyJabrielle wrote:
*edit* Lore skill plays a critical roll in the creature lore feat. I can't seem to find the post anymore with the specifcs, but more lore is good for this feat. For my own pure class bard, Alastair, with maxed lore skill, his creature lore AB rivals that of say, tensors transformation cast by a high (30+) wiz/sorc, or a casting of Divine Power (which boosts a character's AB to that of a pureclass fighter of equal character level). For pure class meleeing bards, I would consider creature lore + maxed lore skill a must.

RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

I really appreciate you guys telling all you know about this!

So it seems to be an attack bonus for any creature in the world that you select that type, like from either selecting it or from a list, and so that would be really useful for both those that one might have as Favored Enemies (that's primarily a damage bonus) and everything else, too!

Now if I can verify whether this AB stacks truly with Ranger Bane of Enemies and all the other various attack bonuses like on bows and swords and etc, then this might be very useful for my little ranger.

And if I could find some details on the checks, that would be helpful too, so I could get that +2 without having to blindly over-invest in Lore, like if say 30 Lore might do as good as 43.

bounce

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Here is a link to some Lore info that may be helpful in deciding your chosen cap of choice as it is normally applied:

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Lore

Personally, as I detest paying for item ID, I usally have plenty of Lore for every character; plus it makes them seem more learned in their respective fields as Lore is often substitited for Knowledge skills.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:09 pm

At the moment she has 17 Lore unequipped (13 invested and INT +3) with no ioun stones or boosting items on. When she puts on all that she can simulateously equip for it, she can boost that up to 32, which has been sufficient for every identification task she's ever had - by that chart, up to 700,000 gp worth.

But if I were to take the Creature Lore feat, I'd have to have to invest more, because she won't be going around prepared for battle with Lore rings on. So I really just need to know some of the checks of various creatures in order to plan to get that +2 benefit from this specific feat. Or someone's experience, like "I always got that +2 when my Lore was only at ##", or even a report on the level of getting a consistent +1.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah you use the feat (from the radial or the quickslot) to select your enemy on the fly....

And as MJ pointed out, it's not just a +2.. it kinda scales upwards.. more lore > more AB... but the exact figures have never been released...

If your looking to get more AB and you have a feat slot to spare, I would suggest getting this feat and boosting your lore skill as high as you can get it...

But it would be good to get the exact mechanics from The Amethyst Dragon as they are currently calculated direct from the resources... ... .... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 am

I'm seriously considering trying this feat for my first relevel. *nod nod* I think I'll have the points to spare to do a lot of, maybe even max, Lore.

If you think The Amethyst Dragon wouldn't mind giving me that secret info, I'll make sure to ask before I commit in this relevel.

Thanks a bunch!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down