Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic

5 posters

Go down

Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic Empty Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic

Post by Mithril Raven Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

It'd be nice if said Mystic Flame, upon choosing "Nothing right now" could either give you the option to choose one of the other items equiped to enchant or just plain warn you "The Flame has already consumed the Blood of Magic, if you do nothing they will have gone to waste".

Yeah, was a little bit annoyed at myself for losing my Blood of Magic to that thing for nothing, oh well Smile
Mithril Raven
Mithril Raven
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 34
Main Character : Mauthaeus Draelzak
Other Character : Barius Bloodclaw
NWN Username : Raven-Eternal
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic Empty Re: Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic

Post by daveyeisley Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Hrm... that is odd.

I have had the flame "remember" how many points I had accrued over several deposits, as I was checking each time to see how high a bonus I could get. It saved my total up until I told it to enchant my chosen item.

At what point did you decide to choose "nothing right now"?
It may be a bug in the conversation, because as I said, I never lost my points until I used them... even after several server resets.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic Empty Re: Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic

Post by Mithril Raven Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Ah, So it's points saved in a DB.

Then it's probably all working fine, I'll find out when i'm lucky enough to stumble onto another Blood of Magic to sacrifice.
Mithril Raven
Mithril Raven
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 34
Main Character : Mauthaeus Draelzak
Other Character : Barius Bloodclaw
NWN Username : Raven-Eternal
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am

Just want to be sure I am reading this all correctly, I can sacrifice my blood of magic and will be informed of the enchantment that could be added from such? I have been hording these lil gems for a while now and have quite a few, lol.
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Not the sacrificial flame. The mystic flame is a place/thing you can use to add enhancement bonuses to weapons (and possibly armor, I can't remember). It can be found through Forge (in Rockholm).

That place will eventually be removed when I finish and implement the player item enchantment system I'm working on.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:00 pm

I thnk these guys just mean to sacrifice their BoM's into the mystic flame.. and yes the mystic flame of the dwarfs of Forge can imbue weapons, armour and shields upto a bonus of +5.. meaning that to have a fully imbued set to maximum you will currently need 150 BoM stones... no easy task as they are a rarer than rare item drop and only a total of seven (I think) can be purchased directly after a server reset (before others get them).. ..

The Amethyst Dragon , when ye implement the new system will it also require the collection of certain basic consumable items to imbue / add / change / upgrade / remove item properties / descriptions / visual effects ? .. I've noticed that soul gems actually come in a number of different colours in the player build module (useful for defining different functions) and you could always still use the BoM as an "activation" focus element type thingi.. ..
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Not Used: Mystic Flame + Blood of Magic Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:17 pm

The new system will still require blood of magic for many things, will allow for creating scrolls/potions/wands, plus allow PC spellcasters to enchant things like rings, amulets, armor, shields, weapons, and even some miscellaneous items.

There will be requirements based on things like materials, spells ready to cast (from memory/slots only, scrolls won't count for this), caster levels, skills (need a couple ranks in Craft Weapon and Craft Armor to enchant said item types), and feats (Brew Potion for potions, Scribe Scroll for scrolls and books, Craft Wand for wands, staves, and rods). Each item will also require an amount of gp and xp investment (xp will get taken as xp debt, so you can't lose levels enchanting items, and can still enchant right after you've leveled up).

When the system is ready, it will run off the VC system and will actually show a list of items the caster can currently enchant. That list can change based on what spells are prepared/ready to cast, with the gold you're carrying, and your current spellcaster level(s). You'll be able to name the enchanted item in the process.

The enchantment system will not allow you to just add properties to your current items, other than possibly increasing weapon/armor/shield enhancement bonuses...and item property removal is a pain that will be left up to the DMs, who can instantly remove all of an item's properties if needed. It's designed so that PCs can "create" many of the magical items already in the game. If you want an item that differs...there are custom item rewards and the elemental damage crystals that everyone seems very fond of Smile.

It's a big project, so it's taking some time to code, but once it's in it should make magic item creation important to some casters (and another way to specialize).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:03 am

I went to the mystic flame and it seems to be a bug there if in fact it is supposed to remember how many Bloods you have sac'd. I seem to have lost 32 this evening. Crying or Very sad
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 am

Crap. I'll refund them next time I see you.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:42 am

lol, ok, that sounds great!
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down