Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the Pale Master

2 posters

Go down

About the Pale Master Empty About the Pale Master

Post by Pedromontese Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 pm

In the description of the class, its saying that the Pale Master can summon multiple undead minions. But, a wiz/sorc and cleric, can have the animate dead spell, and have multiple undead as well.
So, am i missing something here, or the Pale Master lacks of a great advantage over the pure spellcasters in Aenea?

PS.:I have to say, what a great server you have here!
Pedromontese
Pedromontese
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-24

Back to top Go down

About the Pale Master Empty Re: About the Pale Master

Post by plumjuice Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Although I have always had a rather low opinion of the Pale master in general, I was under the impression that the multiple undead summons of the Pale Master was in reference to its Summon Undead class ability. Multiple Alhoons sounds pretty mean, and even at lower levels, multiple shadows can be lethal. TBH, if farstep master was a semiclass, I seriously consider pale master for my bright gnome wizard, and damn the RP implications.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at a couple of Epic builds I have in my local vault. There is a Bard20/RDD10/Pale Master10 that I recall being a meat grinder, and I think a DD/Wiz/Pale Master would be a blast to play, and great possible RP too, if that matters to you. All that aside, I think that being a pure caster is the whole point of being a mage type character (excluding my obscenely cheesy Rogue1/Sor38/Paladin1 with auto still spell Very Happy )
plumjuice
plumjuice
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 35
Main Character : Ailindoule Frostwarden
Other Character : Cale Tucker
Other Character. : Astrid
Other Character.. : Bowen Mudlock
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedromontese Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 pm

plumjuice wrote:Although I have always had a rather low opinion of the Pale master in general, I was under the impression that the multiple undead summons of the Pale Master was in reference to its Summon Undead class ability. Multiple Alhoons sounds pretty mean, and even at lower levels, multiple shadows can be lethal. TBH, if farstep master was a semiclass, I seriously consider pale master for my bright gnome wizard, and damn the RP implications.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at a couple of Epic builds I have in my local vault. There is a Bard20/RDD10/Pale Master10 that I recall being a meat grinder, and I think a DD/Wiz/Pale Master would be a blast to play, and great possible RP too, if that matters to you. All that aside, I think that being a pure caster is the whole point of being a mage type character (excluding my obscenely cheesy Rogue1/Sor38/Paladin1 with auto still spell Very Happy )

One of the reasons that i joined Aenea is the oportunity to create a summoner character. I love this style of playing, That is why i created a Pale Master. But now i thinking that it was best for me to make a regular wizard, because of the caster level, familiar and i still can make the undead horde.
So, if what i said is right, can i reset my character in Aenea?

One more question: The summons (regular and undead), do they "steal" xp from me?
Pedromontese
Pedromontese
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by plumjuice Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Depends on what kind of summoner you want to be. Summons last a lot less then vanilla (IIRC) and I dont think that the duration increases with PM levels, so if dire tigers and elementals are your thing, pure caster is the best bet. If you're after a more Necromancer type toon (and assuming what I said about the PM's multiple class-summons) PM is the way to go.

Personally, I would go with a druid for my summoner (if I was to make one) for RP purposes.

As for xp steal: Yes. I can't remember the OC's much, but Aenea treats summons as henchmen, not as summons. More henchmen = XP drain

That said, even at low levels, its not a big deal. Even with my Bright Gnome wizard (25% penalty), my familiar, and a couple of summons to meatshield for me, I dont find leveling to be much of a bother (Nearly level 20 with ~12 hours playtime, a lot of that spent lately on filling up my Teleport anchor list)
plumjuice
plumjuice
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 35
Main Character : Ailindoule Frostwarden
Other Character : Cale Tucker
Other Character. : Astrid
Other Character.. : Bowen Mudlock
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedromontese Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

That is why is taking forever for my character to level up.
Man, that is frustrating... I really dont know what to do now.

Thank you for the information!
Pedromontese
Pedromontese
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down