Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alignment change from killing monsters

4 posters

Go down

Alignment change from killing monsters Empty Alignment change from killing monsters

Post by oddbaske Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:19 pm

I've got a question regarding killing monsters. It seems I keep getting +1 alignment modifiers to Good for every couple of monster I kill. While that may be a nice idea for paladins and such, it's preventing my evil char from getting the assassin prestige class.

My alignment has already changed to neutral before I'd even completed any quests in the game, much less level to the 8 ranks in hide/move silently required. The alternative is to take a rank in Rogue instead which gives me a -20% to XP.

Can't an evil character gut monsters for all the wrong reasons? Twisted Evil
Anonymous
oddbaske

Back to top Go down

Alignment change from killing monsters Empty Re: Alignment change from killing monsters

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Alignment shifts based on the alignment of the creatures you kill. For a quick shift toward evil, you can slaughter commoners in the towns or neutral animals. Killing evil things is what shifts you toward good.

If all else fails, save up some gold and a few extra experience points and go to Mountainholm Castle. Look for the glowing blue doorway to the Cosmic Balance. That place will get you an instant alignment change to whatever you desire.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Alignment change from killing monsters Empty Re: Alignment change from killing monsters

Post by oddbaske Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks for the quick response and tips, The Amethyst Dragon. Smile
Anonymous
oddbaske

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:21 am

yes, but wouldn't slaughtering commoners in the towns turn the merchants against you? Then where to get swag? Twisted Evil
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by oddbaske Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 am

So simply by playing the game it's likely impossible to maintain an evil character except from the Cosmic Balance? I'm gonna go try and knife a few bats to see if it changes anything.

I supposed most hostiles are evil aligned but just maybe, when in role-playing, our characters would have no clue of our enemies' alignments to warrant an alignment shift.

Maybe the goblins are just jealous our armors are spankier tongue , but we can gut them nevertheless for whatever motives Twisted Evil

Perhaps other players would like to share an opinion on this Smile
Anonymous
oddbaske

Back to top Go down

Post by oddbaske Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 am

Interesting to note, when you do an info check, every player above lvl4 ends up being Lawful Good.
Anonymous
oddbaske

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 am

It just depends on what you fight. I had a vampiric monk at one point that stayed evil 90% of the time via villager deaths every once in a while.

You can often avoid word getting around to merchants if you don't kill in front of them, and if you can avoid attacking merchants. I've slaughtered entire villages before without making everyone in other towns hostile. Maybe try hunting villagers outside of the Vale.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:06 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote: I've slaughtered entire villages before without making everyone in other towns hostile. Maybe try hunting villagers outside of the Vale.

I just tried this recently for the 1st time. Found a village with townsfolk unfortunate enough be chosen for my experimentation.

My alignment did not change as fast as combating monsters seems to. Also, the cheeky villagers also had the gall to run away, forcing me to chase them down.

Apparently I was not as clever and sneaky about it as I though...I returned to the Vale whistling a carefree tune, positive I got away with it, and was immediately beset upon by everyone who saw me.

Even worse, I got a major smackdown by a Vale resident (I'm not mentioning who, but it might surprise you:)). I'm still a Good aligned PC, but now with XP debt, and everywhere I go NPCs are looking at me funny. It might cost me in XP and gold to re-establish my character's (not Phyllick) true nature, but likely worth the trip to Mountholm.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Alignment change from killing monsters Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:32 pm

I've found buffalo are the best things to drop your alignment to the darker shades... there is a nice big group of them just outside VV on the Torgat Sword plains, another group can be found on one of the crossroads, I forget which... its near the silver mountains.. cose to Ebonshall, Valleynesia.. .... ... and if you like to set up a really easy group of "good" enemies.. atack the Guards at the Calithian border.. .. this sends every Guard Type group against you, whilst keeping "most" villagers and the merchants on your side... ...

... not that either Jay or Shouri have any reason to go the darker side but sometimes they just get bored and angered being good all the time... ... Twisted Evil
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Alignment change from killing monsters Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down