Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth

4 posters

Go down

Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth Empty Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth

Post by DerusTal Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm

A Ralthian class based on the research and invention of new weapon and warmachine technologies.
Requirements:
Craft Weapon 12
Craft Armor 12
BaB: 5
Deity: Ralth

Details:
High BaB
D8 HP
Etc.

Level 1: The smith chooses between a pair of Bound Weapons, which upgrade as he levels similarly to Soulfire Warrior.
First Choice: Ralthian Flintlock; a one handed pistol-style weapon that does 1d6 damage at range, with an 18-20(x2) crit category.
Second Choice: Ralthian Long Gonne: A two handed musket-style weapon that does 1d8 damage, with a 20(x3) crit category.

Regardless of his choice, a Seersmith gains +1 attack bonus and +1 mighty to his Bound Weapons per 2 class levels.

Level 3: A Seersmith chooses between two types of ammunition for his weapon, applying these as a 1d4 bonus, +1per three class levels.
First Choice: Incendiary Ammunition, dealing fire damage
Second Choice: Corrosive Shot, dealing acid.

Level 4: Powder Burn: The Seersmith's Bound Weapon spews smoke forth, concealing creatures in the area from view.

Level 5: Deploy Siege I: The Seersmith creates a trebuchet that can be rapidly deployed in combat, its damage doing (Class levels)D10 to targeted foes. Any siege a Seersmith creates with Deploy Siege abilities uses half his attack bonus, plus intelligence modifier. Siege Weaponry has to be disassembled and 'collected' to be used again.

Level 7: Signature Ammunition: The Seersmith can now choose, via a feat, what type of ammunition to use. He can only use one type at a time:
Corrosive, as before.
Incendiary, as before.
Silvered: For the unnatural.
As well, at level ten, he adds the following to his list of possible ammunition:
Dragonslayer Rounds: Deals extra damage to dragons.
(Blank)slayer Rounds: Harms angels or demons depending on alignment.

Level 8: Deploy Siege II; Cannonade: Summons up a cannon, with behavior similar to the trebuchet.

Level 9: Airburst: The Seersmith fires a specialized round straight into the air, which explodes and deals damage in a targeted area as shrapnel falls.

Level 10: Enfilade: The Seersmith can now deploy a number of siege weaponry equal to half his class levels plus int modifier, up to ten.
DerusTal
DerusTal
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 270
Main Character : Mathian Derou
NWN Username : samanuske
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth Empty Re: Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

While an interesting concept, it would not work for Aenea for a couple of reasons.  First, there isn't a good way to add firearms to NWN (can't add new ranged weapon types as far as ammunition and animations go, and you wouldn't want your guns sounding like crossbows). Second, gunpowder/smokepowder just doesn't function around Aenea (and never has, even when it was a PnP campaign world).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:31 pm

I love diving through the wealth of information on the "old DnD" Aenea site.... one day I'd love to fly to the states and enjoy a tabletop Aenea experience... maybe in the year 2020 we could ALL arrange to meet in person in some big hall/convention centre....

Edit :: Justlooked through some of the magic items... I'm sure I've come across a Nightfang scimitar somewhere ?... Can anyone else remember seing this sword and where it can be found? I want to test out the Brightclaw aspect... ... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Prestige Class: Seersmith of Ralth Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm

RustyDios wrote:Edit :: Justlooked through some of the magic items... I'm sure I've come across a Nightfang scimitar somewhere ?... Can anyone else remember seing this sword and where it can be found? I want to test out the Brightclaw aspect... ... ...

Are you sure it's the same blade you came across then? The description on the page The Amethyst Dragon listed mentions the Nightfang/Brightclaw is a longsword. I wouldn't mind to know if it exists in Aenea though, a holy avenger longssword would be ideal for my paladin. Very Happy 
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DerusTal Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:48 am

Hmm. Maybe switch the Bound Weapons to crossbows, with differing bonuses for each instead of base damage changes, and the canon to an arbalest or some such, I guess.
DerusTal
DerusTal
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 270
Main Character : Mathian Derou
NWN Username : samanuske
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content