Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spicing up the Dark Realm

Go down

Spicing up the Dark Realm Empty Spicing up the Dark Realm

Post by Angel of Death Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:59 am

Just a few ideas which popped into my head earlier, felt like creating this thread to see if the Great Purple one felt it was worthy of implementation in fully or partly. Also, if others had similar thoughts/ideas in mind. ^^;

Split off from my other post, earlier:

I do agree that it would be nice with some more dungeons for the 15-30 and 32-40 levels; maybe up the Dark Realm's challenge a bit by taking out some of the many low level critters and replace them with creatures worth a challenge for the later levels on par with beholders in experience?

Like, maybe a clan of demonspawn orcs gathering together to form an enclave and taking up resident in the barracks, efficiently having sold their sold to the devil/demons to gain greater strength and work underneath the balors / balor shamans. The orcs could be the first hand encounters manning the walls of the dark castle. Regular balors could be their superiors, they obey. Balor shamans could maybe be sorta halfish-boss encounters. Just ideas off the top of my mind right now, could mix and match it with rakshasas and other demon encounters, mix it up with traps and maybe a puzzle or two (don't mind those at all, I like the brain in the jar inparticular; hilarious thing which always make me giggle! XD).

I may add more later.

Probably not on the top ten list of fixes around, but worth being mentioned since many has come with critisism about these areas. Bring on some ideas, too, I dare you! Razz

-AoD sunny 
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down