Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Housing!

3 posters

Go down

Player Housing! Empty Player Housing!

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi, Amethyst, it's me again!

Hope all is well on your side of the 'merica! Are you stir-crazy from summer break yet? Mwhahahaha! In any case, I have a few residual questions about PC housing.

Ok - let's say that Sta'stillen is a city girl at heart - would it be possible to secure her a flat within a city? Valorian's Vale, Tradeholm, Macedone ... Lots of town buildings seem to be unoccupied and ripe for the picking!
Also, will the PC's house be differentiated in any way from the other dwellings in the game? Will the door indicate the status of the building when it's moused over? Will the building?
Lastly, if we see an issue in our PC's house, can we fix it? Fine tuning, I mean. If we don't like the way something works out, how easy would it be to get that issue addressed? I'm currently polishing up Sta'stillen's digs, but sometimes unworkables escape even my eagle eyes...

Many thanks to you, and I look forward to responses/replies/offered information!

Keep peacey!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Player Housing! Empty Re: Player Housing!

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 pm

In case Amethyst doesnt get to repond to this soon, I figured I would just toss my experiences
in to try and help.

If you head over to "Darkma's Stand" and head to the northeast end of town, you will notice
a building that is definitely out of the norm compared to the rest. Should you approach the front,
I think most of your questions will be answered.

As for the opportunity to "fix" issues with the house, when I created mine, Amethyst went
so far as to add in new scripted code to prevent teleportation, work in a way for me
to summon my ethereal chest, polished up the appearance slightly, gave me a chest that
would contain the keys to my house that i could give out, added container functionality
and inventory items to my kitchen, made all my chairs interactive, and lord knows what
else!

It took a couple days to iron out a few kinks, and it seemed as if Amethyst was working
round the clock to get it squared away (I hope he didnt actually do that, but man, it
sure seemed like he was working his rear end off!).

So in closing, I am 99.99999% positive that amethyst is willing to work with you
to correct any major issues, or minor cosmetic or functionality type things, cuz
he is just that damn awesome. However, I cannot actually speak for him, so
its it possible I am totally wrong Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Player Housing! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Eric of Atrophy wrote:Are you stir-crazy from summer break yet?
...so hot...must stay in air conditioned house...need ice cream...

Eric of Atrophy wrote:Ok - let's say that Sta'stillen is a city girl at heart - would it be possible to secure her a flat within a city? Valorian's Vale, Tradeholm, Macedone ... Lots of town buildings seem to be unoccupied and ripe for the picking!
Also, will the PC's house be differentiated in any way from the other dwellings in the game? Will the door indicate the status of the building when it's moused over? Will the building?
Yes, it could easily be in a city (any within Nektaria or Macedonia, which is the general region I'm keeping the player housing). The PC's house will be noticeable in some way to those traveling near it (with a map note, a sign, maybe something different about the appearance outside).

Eric of Atrophy wrote:Lastly, if we see an issue in our PC's house, can we fix it? Fine tuning, I mean. If we don't like the way something works out, how easy would it be to get that issue addressed? I'm currently polishing up Sta'stillen's digs, but sometimes unworkables escape even my eagle eyes...
Definitely. Easy to address problems, just email me or send a private message here.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 am

Link to old forum posts on player housing for historical reference: (link)
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down