Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator

+6
Elhanan
Calzier
RustyDios
MannyJabrielle
Eric of Atrophy
Ra Cha Chongo
10 posters

Go down

Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator Empty Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:18 am

Was chatting with one of the newer players last night about "tech-phobia" and difficulty learning the Aurora toolset, and it gave me an idea for an addition to the Player Reward Chests. Since some folks seem to have trouble with making their own items, what about the addition of a single use "customization item" to each of the chests that offer a custom item voucher? The idea would be that while the item wouldn't be as great a value as something custom built in the toolset, it would be easier to implement for those players not able to, or without enough time to, use the toolset.

Also, it could open up options for things not normally available in the toolset, such as having an option in the 20k chest for Rustoleum (make one item immune to rust monster attacks). Other ideas that I had were the Plusinator (make one weapon/armour +5 [usable by any character, rather than needing to have or find someone with crafting feats], possibly for the 40k or 80k chest?), or even just a bag with a set of one each of the elemental crystals. Higher level chests could possibly contain items to add feats, bonus sneak attack damage, On Hit properties, and so on.

Just a place to start from, really; ideas? Comments?
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator Empty Re: Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:38 am

It's got potential, I can see it ... another benefit would be that you wouldn't have to wait for your item to be inserted into the palette - it's just get it and go!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator Empty Re: Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:34 pm

There's a way to get your weapon/shield/armor enhanced without having craft feats Smile The mystic forge will do it if you have the blood of magics for it.

The "in-game self made" voucher item sounds neat. Especially if there were a way to add one's own description to it.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:00 pm

How about an "instant DM Crafted" weapon... the DM's can do an awful lot of work to weapons/armours/items in-game (via thier respective threads) however it usually involves a long-drawn-out item gathering quest ((and whilst I think thats fine, you earn your item)) a voucher for "This item here which you can turn into +5, instantly and add a small description" sounds good..... ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Partially Used: Rustoleum and the Plusinator Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:02 pm

RustyDios wrote:How about an "instant DM Crafted" weapon... a voucher for "This item here which you can turn into +5, instantly and add a small description" sounds good
Y'know, RustyDios, that's not a bad idea...especially for those who have no technical inclination for the toolset, or the time to sink into it...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calzier Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:54 am

Honestly, is the toolset *really* that hard to use to make a custom weapon? Open the module... fire up the wizard... The only things that are time consuming is trying to squeeze out the full GP value of the voucher Smile, and writing the descriptions.

Not that I think the above suggestions are bad, it's just that they seem to ask for a lot of work on The Amethyst Dragon's part instead of a small amount of work per player per item. I could do a "+5, small description" weapon in less time than it took me to type this entry...
Calzier
Calzier
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 40
Main Character : Azir Samand
Time Zone : GMT/GMT+1
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:51 am

Yes; it is.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:44 am

What i would like to see was something i saw in another game. You could put the custom item in the trade window...the other player could target it and then modify it for them. It made it impossible to trade..but allowed it to be enhanced by others.

This way a player...say my toon spyder to have her shortsword enhanced even though shes got zero skills to do so by gettin another player to do it.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:42 pm

That's sorta possible now, at least with appearance crafting, spectra aura powders, and I *think* the BoM player enhancing.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KangTheMad Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Calzier wrote:Honestly, is the toolset *really* that hard to use to make a custom weapon? Open the module... fire up the wizard... The only things that are time consuming is trying to squeeze out the full GP value of the voucher Smile, and writing the descriptions.

Not that I think the above suggestions are bad, it's just that they seem to ask for a lot of work on The Amethyst Dragon's part instead of a small amount of work per player per item. I could do a "+5, small description" weapon in less time than it took me to type this entry...

My toolset crashes a lot if I try to edit properties.
KangTheMad
KangTheMad
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 161
Main Character : Kang
Other Character : Tink The Builder
Other Character. : Seae'thy'stil'ann
NWN Username : KangTheMad
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:42 pm

One thing to keep in mind here...

I have offered before, and am more than willing to draw up items in the toolset for those who are not comfortable with it. I know I am not the only player who is willing to do this.

So if folks arent comfortable with the toolset, ask if anybody will help you get the item created that you want. I just did this for Elhanan and he seemed satisfied with my work.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:51 am

Out of this entire thread, I must say that there's one thing that caught my eye - Rustoleum....

Not only do I like the name, but the effect is just awesome. However, I'd go away from tossing it into only the player reard chests. Rather I'd love to see it both craftable and buyable/lootable.

Now I'm not sure how doable this really is, as I know that rust monsters do some REAL wierd things mechanically speaking.... but it would be epic to see none the less.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down