Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orcs

5 posters

Go down

Orcs Empty Orcs

Post by Alundaio Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Tougher Orc spawns at higher levels. Maybe One or two orc destroyers per group at either Tesh or one of the orc training camps depending on your level. Maybe create a whole new Orc to spawn. One that doesn't have such as high damage as the Destroyers, for lower epic levels. Orcs are one of my favorite to assault here in Aenea but sadly lvl 20 + they get really easy. Maybe a mix of tougher in with the already present mobs. Because assaulting Tesh is a really fun thing to do in a group of all levels.
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
. : Orcs Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Orcs Empty Re: Orcs

Post by Maeglin Dubh Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Heh, I've run several raids on the city. It's the best large-scale group raid on the server, as far as I know.

Ua and I were actually discussing an addition along the lines of the Good vs Evil III module, a persistent battlefield between Tradeholm and the Orc lands.
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am

I agree that Orc raids are currently one of the best party oriented adventures Smile

Hopefully the dark realm will offer a party oriented challenge for high end epics, but it may also prove to be a bit much for some parties, depending.... keep in mind its a work in progress and will likely need tweaks (hopefully not, but its probable).

For the orcs, however, there are a handful of newly added epic level orcs that would foot the bill for this suggestion nicely. Its all a matter of finding the right spawn placements and numbers to spawn in alongside the ruck and run of orc soldiers... (and restricting the epic orcs so they will only spawn for epic level PCs and parties, in low numbers or single numbers for low end epics and perhaps a couple or few mixed into a normal orc spawn for high end epic parties).
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 am

I just got another idea from what Maeglin said:

A scripted auto event (Very Possible to script but I do not know how difficult it would be). How this would work is that there will be a counter for Gron's forces. That will start out at say for example 0/1000. Every real life 10 minutes adds one to the counter (To simulate Gron's forces in training getting ready for battle). Before the event starts you can either delay it by killing orcs at the training camp, where each kill count would subtract from the counter or completely remove the counter by killing Gron.

When the counter reaches 1000/1000 the event will start. Orcs will start spawning in Tradeholm (Or outside and walk in). The event will be announced that Orcs are invading Tradeholm. Everyone can join in on the battle to save Tradeholm. The event will only end when the forces drop to 0/1000. Maybe when the event ends you can spawn in a chest that has a few healing items and some gold for the ones that participated to share.

*EDIT* Oh and at the end of the event, 1/1000. A boss will appear. Like an Orc General and must be defeated to end the event.

Last edited by Alundaio on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 am

To sort of add to this..... the southwest of tradeholm borders the kingdom of light, and there is a wall/fort/borderguard there.... even though the kingdom of light is ostensibly friendly to tradeholm....

however, to the west of tradeholm, is the border with the orcs... a hostile border... and yet it somehow lacks similar fortification on the non-orc side.... but the orcs realize they needed to have a bulwark....

Would be nice and make sense to have the tradeholm border with knort scrar have some manner of military fortification.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 am

One of the villages did build a wall after the the small invasion that ended with a bunch of PCs in the Vale town hall getting their "reward". Smile
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grundail Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:05 pm

lol was definitely a unique "reward" to say the least
grundail
grundail
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 162
Main Character : Drugo Woscha
Other Character : Skitco Phrenic
Other Character.. : any of the clan Woscha
NWN Username : grundail
Time Zone : GMT - 7:00 california
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://www.myspace.com/grundail01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Orc War Riders need increased HP or somthing. They die relatively easy compared to the other orcs. Also they don't seem to drop any loot.
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content