Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in?

4 posters

Go down

An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Empty An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in?

Post by evilkittenofdoom Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Dungeon Master Mythg set up an event for those of on the server. He advised that we be at least level 10....

Well... I figure 'My dwarf's level 10.. let's give it a shot'

So I'm ironically closest to the starting point than anyone else, and as I'm on my way from Mountainholm to Macedone, I'm flying through one of the towns... and end up literally jumping right into the fray.

I see fire elementals... LOTS of fire elementals... huge, elder and the summon creature IX variety... all hostile... and I just go right on whacking them. Strangely enough... I'm not getting pummeled to death. Then, Aerik arrives on the scene. And he buffs me and lets me get some decent XP off of them.

After most of the first wave are dead, he goes and weakens the other wave, which I make quick work of. Then I see the other three who attended, who's names are escaping me.

We all went on into the open farmlands right before Macedone... and what do we find? Fire elementals... even more of them....

So, now a half-assed-party of 6, we go through and make even quicker work of them... of course, me being me, I was moving a numner of steps ahead and found a big mean Firecaster... and it was mean. However, once the rest of the group arrived, things were more manageable and we managed to take him down.

At this point, we went to the gates of Macedone and same thing... fire elementals.. and lots of them. Shortly thereafter, we head off to Shrevenport, where yet more elementals awaited us.

After clearing Shrevenport, two people left, and it was Derik, Myself and two others. We're told that next is heading into Greyskulls Castle... and this doesn't bode too well..

But alas, like before, the Fire elementals are really not too much of a threat, but rather they just wear you down after long enough. we go through, until we get to a chasm that we'd have to go across. Here's where things get interesting...

The AVATAR OF ASIS appears in front of us and warns us that the next fight is going to be exceedingly difficult, and that we should be prepared. At first, I read the name a about 5 times just to make sure I read it right...

Of course, I figured 'what would he throw at us, with a level 13 in the group with a level 40, a level 23 and a level 25, that we can't handle and would be dangeous' ? I had to ask...

We enter the next room to find balors, firecasters and other meanies. Through the use of funneling through the door, and a lot of Derik's real magic, we thinned the herd enough that the four of us could safely fit inside without comitting suicide. Then, the casters started casting Wail of the Banshee.... and that's where it got interesting... by the end of the fight, Derik had been battle rezzing half the time, and through some strange luck, I had managed to NOT DIE even once in that entire fight.

We continue on... nothing major happening... until we're just about to enter the final chambers. Asis comes up again and warns us.... this time I'm worried.. I know what spawns in there naturally, and I don't want that AND what Dungeon Master Mythg sent our way...

So we press on, and Derik runs ahead to clear the second to last room of the most obnoxious enemies that spawn in the entire place... while the remainder of us slowly make our way to him. We finally get to the room he's in, and we prepare for the worst. Whatever is behind that stone barrier is going to be a nightmare... (Oh, and did I mention we met Trogdor? He's... an... interesting character to say the least.... and not the tiniest bit friendly)

At least 2 Elder Vampires, Greyskull, Trogdor and a few other enemies were in that room... and once again, throughout all the chaos, I still manage to NOT DIE. After dividing the immense amounts of loot between the 4 of us... which included some VERY nice books, in addition to equipment improvements for everyone... Asis teleports us to her in her temple in Macedone, where, as a last act of kindness, she boosted one piece of equipment of our choosing...

Overall... I still have one question...

How in the nine hells did I not die even once in the entire event, when I was only, at most, level 13?!

Either way, I must say that Dungeon Master Mythg has run quite possibly the most epic quest I've ever participated in here on Aenea, and I felt that he should know that I felt that way. (That and I wanted to tell everyone what they missed Razz )

So, once again, Thank you very much Dungeon Master Mythg for a wonderfully enjoyable and memorable event.

Last edited by evilkittenofdoom on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Empty Re: An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in?

Post by Amethyst347 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I can't believe I missed Trogdor (the Burninator, I presume)! An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Icon_sad
Amethyst347
Amethyst347
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Female Number of posts : 413
Main Character : I kinda play them all in random bursts.
Other Character : Loneka Darkstar, S'szephyr, Wren Llewelyn, Zadie Grimfallow
NWN Username : amethyst347
Time Zone : GMT
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Empty Re: An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in?

Post by __Ua__ Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm

My favorite part by far was using MotM on Greyskull and having him fight the elder vampire.

Also Aerik = Derik Razz
__Ua__
__Ua__
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 124
Main Character : Derik Aerlias
Other Character : Noric Aerlias
Other Character. : Mariela Kley
Other Character.. : Yeshua Son of Nun
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Oops =P Fixing now
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:20 am

[Shout] Trogdor: BURNINATION!!!!!!

[Shout] Greyskull: Trogdoooooooor!!!

[Shout] Elder Vampire: Trogdoooooooor!!!!

Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:26 am

Also, to what Derik said....

Yes... his shenanigans actually promoted the following convo between Greyskull and the Elder Vampire:

<Greyskull punches Elder vampire in the mouth>

Elder Vampire: Blast it, Greyskull!

<Greyskull punches Elder vampire in the mouth>

Elder Vampire: They've Dominated you somehow, fool! Greyskull, you
weakling!!!

<Greyskull punches Elder vampire in the mouth, and he dies>
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : An event of epic proportions.... so how's a level 13 dwarf fit in? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down