Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Help Wanted"

3 posters

Go down

"Help Wanted" Empty "Help Wanted"

Post by Angel of Death Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:24 am

The words are written a precise, slightly curvish handwriting, upon a note tacked to the board within the Sleeping Dragon Inn, as well as on a board within the seedy tavern in the docks district of Macedone. Directly underneath those words, in a smaller font, is the following written:

I, Celestin Chevalier, knight of Dalix, seek the aid of man or woman with the skills to disable trap devices for a journey up north. If your interrested in aiding the resistance fighting back the orcs, and has the necessary expertise, meet me at dusk near the harbormasters office in Macedone.

*Signed*
~Celestin Chevalier.

Last edited by Angel of Death on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

"Help Wanted" Empty Re: "Help Wanted"

Post by daveyeisley Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm

A faint blue glow seems to emanate from below the note, and upon closer inspection the glow intensifies as you approach, resolving into beautiful flowing script:

While I am not a practioner of Legerdemain or Skullduggery... it is possible I may be able to assist you in this. If I see you, we shall find out together.

~Crideas Bane
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : "Help Wanted" Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Written in a shadowy ink is a notice that reads;

This issue has been resolved by a practitioner of Legerdemain and Skullduggery, from one shadowchild to another the pleasure was mine.. ... ...

~ Jay Braysin

ps Beat ye to it ol' man Smile At least your reputation will stay intact Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 pm

A day later after the latest reply, each of the original notes has been carefully crossed out with a ink pen, and a small edition has been made to the note.

Indeed, this no longer reply. I thank thee for offering your help though. There is perhaps something else I could have need of from you, as an archmage. Do you, Crideas Bane, create magical items upon request?

*Signed*
~Celestin Chevalier.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Depending on the item you wish, I may be able to help, yes.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 am

A magical trinket, perhaps a ring but not necessarily so, to enhance one's knowledge of people, places and magical items. (i.e. +20 lore) The price is, within reason, negotiable.

@daveyeisley:
//Btw, I have to say: Your forum avatar is pure awesome. Cool

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed Dave's username)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Angel of Death wrote:A magical trinket, perhaps a ring but not necessarily so, to enhance one's knowledge of people, places and magical items. (i.e. +20 lore) The price is, within reason, negotiable.

Are you after one of these trinkets or you have one for sale ??

If you're after such an item, the best you're going to find is a Ring of Insight (+5 Lore), or a Ring of the Scholars (+5 Lore, 20m Bright White Light)... I'm not sure I recall any other such trinkets that may improve your affinity for general knowledge, but there may be some that improve your basic intelligence and thus your lore of the lands ...

You may be able to get the dwarf of vale, or the maker of macedone, to create you an item or upgrade an existing one (with +5 Lore see here) , or you could possibly acquire an artifact from the horde of the Great Amethyst Dragon which will allow for such granted knowledge (Custom Item token, Upto +10 Lore, see here) ..... ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 am

Aye.... the shadowy one is correct. There is no item currently available with what you wish. There *are* rings with a lesser magic, which can be worn together (the ring of scholars or the ring of insight) to give part of the benefit you wish (two rings with +5 lore will at least get you a +10), but past this.... you would need to commission a custom made item (using a voucher from a player reward chest) or an item upgrade to one or more items (the highest skill bonus available for in-game upgrades on a single item is +5).
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 am

Of course if your struggling to identify things, there are other methods...

Ask a passerby, they don't necessarily need to be a mage or bard, many fighters also have a good knowledge of the spoils of war....

Most merchants can identify goods if you click on the eyeball item, upto and around 75k in value... ...

Or (and one that often gets overlooked IMO), save up a few bags of holding full of stuff and then ask the great god Kalas to provide some divine wisdom for a mere 5k... oddly enough as the god of knowledge he will tell you what EVERYTHING is that you own ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down