Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon

2 posters

Go down

Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon Empty Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon

Post by daveyeisley Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Its understandable, really. These spells wont affect non-slashing weapons.

One is about vorpally lopping heads off, and if you have a club or a knife, you just shouldn't be severing heads.

The other is about slicing through armor/chitin/flesh/bone to strike vital areas as if it were cloth, and well, you can't slice without having an edge on your weapon.

Is it possible to effectively destroy a head with a knife or a club? Sure is.

You can smash the head to pulp with a good club shot, or punch a large deep hole into the center of it with a good stab. Either one of these types of wounds will kill just as effectively as cutting the head off.

Is it possible to smash or punch through armor/chitin/bone/flesh to destroy vital areas? Sure is.

Enough blunt force will just crush or compress the material right into and through the vital area, and sharp is sharp.... if it can be cut through, it can be punched through.

So... it would also be understandable, I think, for folks to want to be able to simulate the Vorpal and/or Keen effects on weapons that are not slashing types.

So my idea involes two possible options for offering this:

One idea would be to make separate spells for each weapon type and effect. Four new spells does strike me as a bit much.

The other idea is to allow the two existing spells to be used on weapons that have been enchanted with the "Extra Melee Damage Type: Slashing" property.

I like the second idea better, because it involves having to invest a little, or work a little in order to make your weapon accept these spells... and it doesn't require scripting new spells, just modifying two existing ones.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon Empty Re: Shivani's Beheading Blade and Keen Weapon

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Weapon of Impact. Sorely lacking from NWN's selection of spells from PnP
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down