Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing Queries

2 posters

Go down

Housing Queries Empty Housing Queries

Post by Gene Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:14 am

Well, I finally scraped together enough gold to purchase my first home. Anyways, I'm looking to build a small keep/home in the wilderness and I've got a question or three in regards to doing so.

Firstly, I have the house creation book in the game that has instructions and I'd like to have it outside of the game without having to write everything down myself. The book lists a link to use that'll get you the info outside of the game however, the link is sadly dead and leads to a redirect page. Is this information located elsewhere or do I have to keep switching back and forth between the game and my toolset to get it? (EDIT: After a bit of board searching, I managed to find a working link; this can be ignored)

Secondly, I plan on having an alter to Torgat in my character's home (him being a semi-devout cleric and all) and I was wondering how this is handled? Do I just place it somewhere and leave a tag notifying the Amethyst Dragon to make it into an alter, or do I have to do something else? Likewise, when it comes to being able to conjure my ethereal chest, do I need to place a tag denoting where I can summon it, or can it be summoned anywhere in my home? (EDIT: Likewise, I found this one out by poking around a bit)

Finally, just how much choice do I have where my house is placed? I know in the book it says that I can pick a zone to place it in, but I'm wondering if I can choose where (semi-exactly) in the zone it's plopped down or is it just a 'general area' type thing?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my queries!
Gene
Gene
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 26
Main Character : Chiriel
NWN Username : witchhunter8808
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2011-08-17

http://www.theepicgamers.com/

Back to top Go down

Housing Queries Empty Re: Housing Queries

Post by daveyeisley Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Glad you managed to locate answers to your first two questions, sorry it wasn't easy to find them.

As for the last item, I would be as specific as possible in the request for your house placement, but understand that it is a request. The Amethyst Dragon may wish to modify your specification, and he is very good about replying to your email with any reasons why it isnt doable as originally stated. He usually offers suggestions, as well.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
. : Housing Queries Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated.
Gene
Gene
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 26
Main Character : Chiriel
NWN Username : witchhunter8808
Registration date : 2011-08-17

http://www.theepicgamers.com/

Back to top Go down