Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops

2 posters

Go down

Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops Empty Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops

Post by Talvi Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello everybody,

I have this strange issue where my game crashes whenever I try to open the 'misc items' tab at any shop (the game freezes the same instant I click on the button, without showing me the items/the inventory of that tab, then crashes a few seconds later). Neither of the other tabs causes any trouble. In addition, in very rare cases the same crash happens when I try to 'open' a slain creature's remains.
My guess is that this problem is somehow caused by rings - they are the only item type I have never acquired; the 'misc items' tab of merchants usually has them, and quite possibly the few monster drops that give me the crash issue as well.
I' be very grateful for any insight and possibly fix of this problem - thanks!

Last edited by Talvi on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Talvi
Talvi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 22
Main Character : Anesh Drodan
Other Character : Larron Estibal
Registration date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops Empty Re: Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops

Post by daveyeisley Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Sounds like you have a hak problem, the content in one of the haks you need is incomplete or corrupted.

Here is a link to some generic steps to try:

Common Troubleshooting Steps
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops Empty Re: Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops

Post by Talvi Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks to your hint with the hak files, I was able to resolve the issue - thank you very much!
Talvi
Talvi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 22
Main Character : Anesh Drodan
Other Character : Larron Estibal
Registration date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Glad you got it sorted, and Welcome to Aenea Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Crash issues with 'misc items' tab in shops Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down