Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee)

4 posters

Go down

Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee) Empty Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee)

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Not sure what other players would think of this, but I always thought it'd be cool if wail was more like PnP....

that is, instead of the "wail" happening at a target point, the effect originate from the caster (cast it just like meteor storm, click and you cast, the AoE centered on the caster, the 'ghost rising and wailing vfx coming up out of the caster), and had an increasing range with caster levels.

The PnP description reads:

Wail of the Banshee
Necromancy [Death, Sonic]
Level: Death 9, Repose 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: One living creature/level within a 40-ft.-radius spread
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You emit a terrible scream that kills creatures that hear it (except for yourself). Creatures closest to the point of origin are affected first.

MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee) Empty Re: Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee)

Post by Angel of Death Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

So you also don't want it to be party-friendly anymore? Just trying to see if we're on the same page. Smile

From the way I read the description of the PnP version, it's affects anyone who stands around the caster.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee) Empty Re: Partially Used: PnP Wail? (of the Banshee)

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, no Razz The centered on caster/increasing range. The party friendly part can definitely stay... unless it's Anna when she's hounding Aga to pay attention to Galitha, then it would be nice to have his wails and screams of agony make her go away Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:Well, no Razz The centered on caster/increasing range. The party friendly part can definitely stay... unless it's Anna when she's hounding Aga to pay attention to Galitha, then it would be nice to have his wails and screams of agony make her go away Razz

Don't kill the messenger! Sad

It's not her fault that Aga is a bad husband ignoring his wife Razz

But back on topic again; I see. I don't mind the change Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasombra Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 am

I'd like the change as you described it, but didn't you mistake range with AoE, Manny? Razz

I'd be all for centered-on-caster and scalable AoE and/or range though.
Lasombra
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 am

Next hak updated will change range/targeting to personal (centered on caster).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down