Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons?

3 posters

Go down

What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons? Empty What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons?

Post by Kalipuppy Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:58 pm

By way of background, I'm familiar with the standard Composite Longbows which follow a logical progression of Attack Bonuses coupled with the Mighty property: +1 Composite Longbow (+1 Attack with +3 Mighty), +2 Composite Longbow (+2 Attack with +4 Mighty), . . . +5 Composite Longbow (+5 Attack with +7 Mighty), +6 Composite Longbow (+6 Attack with +8 Mighty), . . . etc.

However, since the mysterious crafty Dwarf limits his Longbows to a (+5 Attack with +5 Mighty), I am unsure about the maximum Mighty bonus. Honestly, I half expected a +7 Mighty to be possible along with the +5 Attack bonus. That being said, I am perfectly content with whatever the moral majority and/or Gods decree. . . I just want to be absolutely, positively, no-doubt-about-it, for certain, sure about this little detail.
Kalipuppy
Kalipuppy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 27
Main Character : Cellador Delorian - Elven Male [Rogue/Wizard/ArcaneArcher]
NWN Username : kalipuppy
Time Zone : \"GMT - 5:00\"
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons? Empty Re: What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons?

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm

I have not limited the Mighty property the way I have with attack bonus and enhancement bonus. You can have as much as the toolset will allow. What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons? Icon_smile Maybe your bow is made of layers of steel instead of wood. What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons? Icon_eek

I limit attack bonus and enhancement bonus just because of certain creatures with epic damage reduction.

The dwarven wizard limits his just because I didn't script a way for DMs to add every single possible variation on every single item property (I did give them around 500 properties they can add).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons? Empty Re: What is the limit on Mighty pertaining to Ranged Weapons?

Post by Kalipuppy Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Thank you Amethyst for responding.

I had no idea there were so many scripts enabling DMs to be... the terrific DMs that they are.

Of couse, now I'm torn between spending my precious Voucher money on a Composite Longbow (with more Might than +5) or having the crafty Dwarf build the one he offered - which is pretty darn good. Decisions, decisions.

At your service,
Cellador Delorian
Kalipuppy
Kalipuppy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 27
Main Character : Cellador Delorian - Elven Male [Rogue/Wizard/ArcaneArcher]
NWN Username : kalipuppy
Time Zone : \"GMT - 5:00\"
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:57 pm

If you have the STR for it, more mighty is always good since it adds a flat number to your damages rather than a variable dice roll worth of damage Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down