Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/

+19
MannyJabrielle
monsinyana
Ink Splatter
rosareven
RayvenNightkind
Ramana Jala
Belarric
odbo255
daveyeisley
eeriegeek
Drgnwlkr
Ramir
Eric of Atrophy
A_Vagabond
RustyDios
Elhanan
Angel of Death
The Amethyst Dragon
Skywatcher
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 pm

If I possibly can obtain the time, I'm trying to be there.

This is mainly for a meeting, eh, so no objectives been set for a mission, yet? (That would help to know which character to bring, if the meeting segued into adventuring.)

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Arr ... this may be doable, it just depends on what's going on that particular day. I don't foresee too many issues, but with the family, always expect the unexpected (except the Spanish Inquisition).

Now, do we want to use established PCs to meet, and then hammer out plans, or do we want to roll up freshies and see where the fun leads? Either way works out, as I happen to have a few girls that are fairly new.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Bring whoever you feel like playing.

I will probably be in the mood to play Crideas. If others want to bring lowbies, then I will just tag along, RP, offer advice, buffs and support.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Fren will be attending.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 459
Main Character : Fren Hilg
Other Character : Isk Mool
Other Character: Remi Ferrand
NWN Username : odbo255
DM Name : Dungeon Master Beowulf
Time Zone : PT
. : Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://member.acm.org/~jtwburton

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 am

3pm EST, huh? Hmm...that's 8pm GMT.

I'll try to be there this Sunday then. Smile
...I don't really feel like creating a new PC though, so will bring one of those I already have. Possibly Anna, Celestin, or Cherry...

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck at work, wouldn't ya know the one time I end up working a sunday afternoon/evening Sad
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 pm

So this Sunday, I think we should be good to gather in the sleeping dragon, on the second floor in the "conference room".

Come in-character please. I would like this to be an RP driven activity within reason. there is no penalty for out of character discussion, but it would impact the immersion of others, so I'd like to request it be kept to a minimum, or reserved to private tells. Be sure to have at least one or two quests, questions or goals to pursue. I can't promise we will get everything done, but if nobody comes with goals, some folks might get bored by pure RP.

Depending on what folks come up with, I may have Crideas form a "telepathic network" simulated by party chat so that we can split up and stay in touch while separately persuing different goals.

We can discuss more particulars when we see who shows up and get an idea of what objectives and resources we have.

Always remember that asking Crideas about stuff in game is a good way to pick my brain for the information I have accumulated over 4+ (holy crap!) years on this server... You just have to be willing to listen to him pontificate Razz
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:05 pm

The pontification isn't that bad, really. Twisted Evil
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 am

Just like listening to Grandpa, really ... except Bane went for the "Just for Ascended Men" treatment ... Twisted Evil
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 am

Bahahahahaha! Razz
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:44 am

If it gets too much with Crideas' "old man ramblings", there's always the option of shushing on him. Razz Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Teleport
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 am

I wouldn't "shush" him, the old codger would likely turn Ray into "magical confetti" Twisted Evil Very Happy
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 am

Crid has the silent spell feat, ya know...
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 am

Still having connection issues; sorry.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:09 pm

daveyeisley wrote:Crid has the silent spell feat, ya know...
Exactly why Ray knows better then to mess with the old wizard, he's tangled enough with him, Friendly bouts, but even at that he knows enough of that ol' boys trick to keep clear of his magicy stuffs, Twisted Evil
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 pm

I might be able to make it in game for a few after all, if I time it right I won't be late for work Twisted Evil
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Adventurers in Attendance
Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 Advent10
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 am

Sorry for not being able to make it, I wasn't feeling to well last night... Sad

I hope everyone had a blast. Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 am

It was good.

One thing we ran into was RL life interference at a bunch of intervals. Not sure how to deal with that, but it was a downer having to wait around and have folks get bored while we waited.

We could have said 'If you have to go afk for more than a minute, then the group will move on without you and you can catch up - no offense', but I have seen it before when folks get left behind, even if there is a reasonable justification, they tend to lose their enthusiasm for future gatherings.

Maybe if we schedule in a 10 minute break after the 1 hour mark and perhaps the 2 hour mark (at the nearest convenient stopping point) and ask that activities like bathroom breaks or getting drinks be reserved for a break time (unless its an emergency - Rusty had one of those, poor guy), it will help.

The other challenge was coordination. I tried my best to keep us on the same page, but we had one spot where an important chat got missed by one player, and was unclear to another player... as a result our group ended up split up and some members missed out on fresh content. It was minor, thankfully, but it was an indication that this could happen again in a non-minor way.

I dont like to mandate things, but I was considering requesting that all attendees install ventrilo so they can at least listen in. It would be a lot less likely that someone would miss coordination info spoken over their speakers.

Link to my tutorial on Ventrilo (includes download link).

Other than what I would call too many interruptions/wait periods and the coordination frustration, I think it went well overall. If we can as a group be more mindful of both of those I think it will go more smoothly.

So, rolling on, lets shoot for next week, Sunday the 4th of November at 3pm EST. If anyone has suggestion on adjusting the start time within an hour or two if it will help them attend, feel free, and we can find out how others might be affected.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah. I'm really sorry I had to leave but the mess that I created needed to be cleaned up !

Still not feeling 100% today but at least the movements have stopped for the last couple of hours ... don't know what the hell I had ingested to cause that though...

Next week things will be better and I'll be able to get involved again...

How did the whole event/ quest go ?... were you all successful in the end ?
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks Dave for organizing this, both Fren and I had a great time, "warts and all." I hope Crideas was able to get some satisfaction while hanging around with a couple of lowbies.

I used to login to ventrilo *every time* I logged into Aenea, but I never saw anyone using the server so I stopped logging in myself.

When I'd ask about it, people either didn't know what I was talking about or didn't use it.

I think it would be great if we could get participation in voice chat, it *really* aids in coordination when adventuring.

For RP, I personally *don't* like voice chat - but for player/player communication, it's vastly superior to the alternative. And if player/player communication occurs verbally and RP is in-game (immersive) it can create a really nice experience.

I'll go back to logging into ventrilo in the hope that others do the same.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 pm

The most satisfying part for Crideas was when he flexed his counterspelling muscles and shut down all but 2 of the ice mage's spells.

Few things thrill him more than spell battle Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, I feel the same, Odbo. The reason I don't use voice chat, is because I log my RP to write my stories. It seems to me that it would be hard to keep a group sticking to a rule of RP via writing and the battle coordination via voice chat. If it could be done, it would be very useful. Although when in battle, I don't have the time to RP very much.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

daveyeisley wrote:The most satisfying part for Crideas was when he flexed his counterspelling muscles and shut down all but 2 of the ice mage's spells.

Few things thrill him more than spell battle Smile

Aw now I feel really bad that the melee party members rushed in... Fren being the biggest offender.

We definitely should have talked that over to let Crideas have his fun before/if the rest of the part stepped in.

I'll be more sensitive to those of higher levels in the future and keep it in mind when facing final battles in quests.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh no, thats not what I meant!! It isnt about being able to kill the enemy caster.... its the battle of magic.... the clash of spell power and strategy.

One-on-one spell battle is wonderful, yes... but in a group, Crideas loves to do what the mage *should* do for the party.... he locks down the enemy caster so the party can take him out.

Crideas and I both *love* to counterspell... sitting back smugly taunting the enemy mage to try and get something past... Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink Splatter Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm

That's all good with me, if I can get my dad to let me join! Heh heh.
Ink Splatter
Ink Splatter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Female Number of posts : 16
Main Character : Raenye
NWN Username : Ink_Splatter
Time Zone : GMT - 4:00
Registration date : 2012-09-22

http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:07 am

We still aiming for 3p ET on Sunday?
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 am

I believe so, yes.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink Splatter Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm

-A bit late- I would like to join
I could be a cleric, I have one laid out already...
Typhis
Ink Splatter
Ink Splatter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Female Number of posts : 16
Main Character : Raenye
NWN Username : Ink_Splatter
Time Zone : GMT - 4:00
Registration date : 2012-09-22

http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

If any DMs catch Elhanan, Ink_Splatter, or Odbo255 online, please hook them up with a 500 times their level in XP as a bonus for great RP.

Update - character names

Elhanan - Garnet Mcjagger
Odbo255 - Fren Hilg
Ink_splatter - Jaden (forgot last name - sorry!)/Raenye - player can choose to split it and get 250 per level for each
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 am

Just a quick question - will it be ok if I do that for Tabi?
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Eric, yeah thats fine... - if we can't trust our DMs... we have much bigger problems.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Teehee! I'll keep an eyeball out for said players, then ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Adventurer's in Attendance
Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 20121110

Late arrivals: Zodiac Signus

Thanks to all, it was great fun!

I especially wish to thank Dave/Crideas as organizers of the "herd of wild cats."
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Yes, thanks to all for coming.

Next week, same time unless objections.

I may do a little something special for that one. Twisted Evil
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I am running a smidge late.... I will be online around 3:15 pm EST

May be sooner, just a heads up
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Adventurer's in Attendance
Is anyone interested in a setting up a regular D&D night/ - Page 2 20121111

Thanks to Dave who ran DM for the session. It was a lot of fun!
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 pm

I may or may not be available this sunday. Please dont let my being there or not affect whether folks decide to log in and group up for some fun Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

I can act as "cat herder" if Dave is not present.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 am

And if Tabi is around, I'm sure she'd help you out, odbo255, as she loves cats!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 am

Reminder that we gather at the long table on the second floor of the Sleeping Dragon Inn in Valorian's Vale (the second floor is where the rooms are). Gathering time is @ 3p ET.

Fren is action-oriented with RP elements, so we will be departing by 3:15p ET.

If you arrive late, send me a tell and we will find a way for you to join us.

I will be available at least until 5p and serve as adventure coordinator, but Fren will not necessarily be party leader.

Fren has a limited supply of single-use communication crystals that will allow us to remain in contact even if we are not in the same area (party channel). Please remember that the party channel has a bug and OOC speech "// something something" does not work.

Fren will be in the room @ 2:45p ET, so arrive early if you would like to get some additional RP time in.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

We are meeting today @ 3p ET. See you there!
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm

May drop Garnet, but am still interested on playing Sun afternoons.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Cannot make it in a party today; disconnects about every 10-15 min or so. But I hope the rest of those interested in weekly adventures press on with events, as it is an attractive feature to be shown for the many newcomers seen these past few weeks. Viva!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Sorry the last few weeks have been brutal at work... and I havent felt like committing to a schedule... if things settle down, maybe.

Please do feel free to get together, and use the model discussed above or any modifications you choose to make group adventures happen. If we get rosters of attendees we can at least see about XP bonuses Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Indeed, it is nice to know that something like this is usually in the works!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by monsinyana Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:04 pm

I approached Amethyst Dragon about this in-game and got his blessing, came to post about a 'Game Night' and see there is a thread for it already.

Is any DM interested in doing this on a semi-regular/ weekly basis? If so what day of the week is good for you?
monsinyana
monsinyana
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:25 pm

I am not a DM, but I think I have a character in your level range that I can log in and we can go exploring together. There are a couple of areas we can have fun in with no DM needed, so give me a shout in game if you see me, and we will go to Jays playground and get muddy.

And I am always up for a DM event, but if we see any vampires around, all bets are off and its every man for himself!
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:38 pm

*makes notes to drop a horde of hungry vampire slayers on Skywatcher*
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 am

I'm not proficient enough in the DM client to offer to do this with any level of confidence.

However, if another DM was so inclined, I would gladly help, watch, and learn.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next